Is there anyway to recover a closed browser WINDOW with many tabs in Edge?

I really don't have that option, actually. It's lost.

Do you know where are the links stored in registry  or what files when Edge crashes?

You know, when I force shut down Edge using Task manager it will restore all of the tabs I had open. Where is this stored?

OK, found out they are under AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active  but they are all binary files. Anyway to extract these files for tab urls?

One of the many reasons I don't use Edge.

Use Firefox (or the 64 bit CyberFox) with the session manager add-on or Chrome with SessionBuddy add-on

There is a nice Firefox add-on that can import your sessions and crashes into Bookmarks.

Microsoft is planning to add add-ons to Edge at some point which might make it usable. Too bad because it is the fastest browser on WIndows 10 but sucks in way too many little (and big) details

I need to learn/know man.

Right now, I am a pretty competent computer. If I can just understand how AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active works, that'd be very useful and great!

Recovery is ALL in there, I just gotta know how I can do it manually to recover some tabs, etc.

Also, AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites is where the favorites are stored at but somehow my Edge has lost the ability to open these on opening.

FOUND IT!!!

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Recovery\Active

• 3 years later...