Games that are easy to make in VB

Question

I need some suggestions for any kind of game that would be extremely easy... almost idiot-proof, that I could make in VB 6 (not .NET).

My computer science teacher barely touched upon looping, for next statements and option/selection buttons, but now she expects us to incorporate movement, graphics and sound into a game that must be handed in by the end of next week, together with an IPO chart and a flowchart :pinch:.

Also, if you know of any good tutorial sites for VB, please post them here!

13 answers to this question

my friend once made a whack-a-mole type of game, but sadly he didnt get to finish it cuz he got bored. it only took like 2 hours to finish it 80% of the way, ive personally never worked in vb, so if u want to ask my friend, his username on neowin is banjo, man nobody ever asks anything about c or c++ anymore...tsk tsk tsk

I would think tic tac toe would be a decent selection for a game. Since its turn based, loops would work out great there. Gameplay wouldnt be too difficult with what you know and if you have time you can add sounds, perhaps draw line through winning row, etc.

Only game I have programmed was minesweeper in assembly language. At first didnt seem to difficult but ran into some sticky situations. If it would of been in c++ wouldnt of been a problem, but in assembly it was a doozy.

Hehe you must of had the same teacher I did for Advanced VB. For our class we had to make a Wheel of Fortune game as well, one kid went really overboard, he had an animated spinning wheel (a really good one at that), good sound effects, and about 3000 different phrases that could be used. But on to the topic, another easy to make game is Blackjack.

i made a trouble game a month ago, its great!! i might release it one day when i get the network support better.....if i ever do since i havnt worked on it since christmas

Thanks guys, at least now I know where to start.

I was thinking of doing a simple wheel of fortune game where you spin the wheel and win, lose, double etc. depending on which slot the pointer lands on. The problem is, I have no idea how to make a spinning wheel, or assign certain values to each section of the wheel (like... say I split the wheel into four different colours, how do I assign values to each coloured area, without overlapping into the other colours).

So, umm, does anyone know of any good sites with tutorials on how to make games in VB? (I'm still really lost :()

Btw, our teacher said we couldn't make Tic Tac Toe, Hangman or Blackjack, because there are too many source codes for them online.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it :)!

I made an online text-based games with some graphics and animation, along with sound in it. Twas pretty good and I had a community of around 60 people from all over the world - like UK, USA, Canada, Sweden. But then I decided to stop hosting it while I made the second version.....

Havn't really bothered with it since November, but it is pretty damn good.

If you want a very basic game that not even a 3 year old could mess up heres the answer: Pong! :D

All you need are 3 shapes (1 ball, 2 bats) a timer and 2 boolean variables for horizontal and vertical movement.

10 minutes to code endless fun :D