Prince dead at 57

43 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

its all over the NFL.com website as well. 

2e3tjlh.png

That is because Prince was performing at NFL halftime show..  Which is why NFL staff remember Prince.

39 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Musical genius indeed. Most people have no idea the number of hits he wrote for other singers.

One of which being

Manic Monday“ by The Bangles. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, warwagon said:

One of which being

Manic Monday“ by The Bangles. 

A classic right there. Brings back so many memories. Another one of my favorites is, Nothing Compares 2 U, Sinead O' Connor.

Edit: @Unobscured Visionbeat me to it.:yes:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McCordRm said:

.........but the fact that he wasn't on the news for Public Displays Of Stupidity. 

That right there is why I respected him a lot as well as being very talented person, artist, musician, and above all, a decent human being.   sad day indeed.

• Like 2

Prince tears it up starting around 3:25.  I remember watching this video a few years back...being a Beatles and Tom Petty fan...rewatched it now and am ashamed that I forget what a pretty dang good guitarist he was.  Love what Prince did at the ending. :)

• Like 2

Just read a comment that the moron Justin Bieber made about Prince not being the latest greatest living performer.   This kid is a moron and will never live up to be the kind of artist Prince was.

Anyway, Google's Doodle on their search page was updated.  Simple animated doodle to honor price.

Capture.PNG

16 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Just read a comment that the moron Justin Bieber made about Prince not being the latest greatest living performer.   This kid is a moron and will never live up to be the kind of artist Prince was.

Sadly, artists like Prince are a dying breed...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Sadly, artists like Prince are a dying breed...

Yes they are. Prince and tom petty were the two artisis that actually got me into guitar and keyboard. He will be missed.

TMZ now reporting death caused by complications from possible drug overdose from "multiple credible sources" - claimed when plane made emergency landing - that he was OD-ing - was not the flu.

2 hours ago, T3X4S said:

TMZ now reporting death caused by complications from possible drug overdose from "multiple credible sources" - claimed when plane made emergency landing - that he was OD-ing - was not the flu.

Sounds like tabloid rubbish; he was very recently hospitalized with the flu and I'm not aware of him having any drug problems.

of course the media coverage is poor and he had well hidden his disease... this flu like symptoms story is a total lie and cover-up... we all know he had well unknown causes leading to his death... but that doesn't matter anyway now. rest in peace

13 hours ago, Rigby said:

Sounds like tabloid rubbish; he was very recently hospitalized with the flu and I'm not aware of him having any drug problems.

It may be "tabloid rubbish" - but why do you believe a cover story without checking ?  You are not aware of drug problems ?  So you knew him personally ?

Unless you are some obsessed superfan - you are only aware of the same things everyone else is aware of, which is just marketing BS.

Might turn out he is with Elvis - or died while having sex with Chyna - or...   in China.

13 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Cgn-jP4UgAENh2H.jpg

It will be a great day for Earth, the human race, genetics, evolution via natural selection,  when that sorry sack of monkey scrotum dies.

9 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

It may be "tabloid rubbish" - but why do you believe a cover story without checking ?  You are not aware of drug problems ?  So you knew him personally ?

Unless you are some obsessed superfan - you are only aware of the same things everyone else is aware of, which is just marketing BS.

Has there ever been any reports of him taking drugs, ever? Since when has "marketing BS" ever been able to hide a celebrities drug problems or other misdoings? So no, I would need some evidence before I start believing rumors like that. I'm sure you're probably aware that they have performed an autopsy; how about we wait for the results? Then we'll know exactly what the cause was.

My wife just read an article that Prince's plane was emergency landed because he had OD'd on Oxycodone :o . I take hydromorphone 4MG and am VERY careful. Hydromorphone is many times more powerful a pain med than Oxy.