Mafia 3 Hands-On Gameplay: Taking Over New Orleans One Crime at a Time

Hopefully a return to form. Mafia was mindblowing for a younger me. 

Mafia 2? Meh. 

The original Mafia shotgun was the best shotgun in the history of gaming.. loving blasting people with that thing. The story and the map were also ahead of their time and underappreciated. Enjoyed Mafia II but it wasn't the same caliber as the original. I really REALLY hope that Mafia III delivers like the original did.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

So far this game has been mediocre at best. Do we have a thread for it already? This is really the only recent one I found, but so far the game is so repetitive and the graphics are not that great. Disappointed for sure.

9 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

So far this game has been mediocre at best. Do we have a thread for it already? This is really the only recent one I found, but so far the game is so repetitive and the graphics are not that great. Disappointed for sure.

There's no Official topic and this is the most recent topic about the game. Doesn't seem to be much interest from the GH.

I'll be picking it up much cheaper down the road from a Steam sale. Hopefully they patch it and fix the issues by then.

I wish I had waited for a sale of some sort, oh well. I will say, the first patch so far did fix many of the PC bugs I had on launch day. I think it will get better, but hopefully the repetition declines as I go further into the game.

Is this game that bad? Or just buggy?

I was hoping for a good story. 

Loved Mafia 1. Mafia 2 was OK. I had high hopes for story missions on this one.

Anyone played a fair chunk of it? Feedback?

Thanks

Just now, E.worm Jimmy said:

Is this game that bad? Or just buggy?

I was hoping for a good story. 

Loved Mafia 1. Mafia 2 was OK. I had high hopes for story missions on this one.

Anyone played a fair chunk of it? Feedback?

Thanks

The story isnt bad, I am only ~4 hours in, but it is super repetitive. Go beat these guys up, take their stuff, go talk to one of your goons. Rinse and repeat. The game has bugs, mostly visual, nothing that has stopped me from completing a mission or anything. I will say, patch 1 made gameplay a lot smoother and fixed some of the graphics issues. I would wait for it to go on sale or a few more patches, not worth the $60 bucks in its current state.

8 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

The story isnt bad, I am only ~4 hours in, but it is super repetitive. Go beat these guys up, take their stuff, go talk to one of your goons. Rinse and repeat. The game has bugs, mostly visual, nothing that has stopped me from completing a mission or anything. I will say, patch 1 made gameplay a lot smoother and fixed some of the graphics issues. I would wait for it to go on sale or a few more patches, not worth the $60 bucks in its current state.

4 hours super repetative does not sound promising. 

I will wait then. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...