Tomb Raider Reboot

Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) will star in the upcoming Tomb Raider feature film reboot, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Oscar winner will play Lara Croft in her return to the big screen.

A new Tomb Raider film has been in the works since 2013. It will draw from the recent Tomb Raider games, which feature a new take on the classic character. Last year, director Roar Uthaug signed onto the Warner Bros., MGM and GK Films co-production.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/28/11531876/alicia-vikander-lara-croft-tomb-raider-film-reboot

Ooh, I didn't know about a reboot. And Alicia Vikander. :woot:

I can't remember her voice in Ex Machina, but if she can do an..."educated" English accent, she'll be awesome!

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I can't remember her voice in Ex Machina, but if she can do an..."educated" English accent, she'll be awesome!

As long as they adopt the first game into the movie then it'll do fine, this new version of Lara is way better than the original IMO.   There's just something off with characters who seem to perfect to me.  The original version of Lara could do no wrong and seemed too perfect, that's the feeling I got anyways.  Plus if they start off how the new games did, with it being her first time and growing, then there's more of a story there and room for more movies if it does good.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:09 PM, Nick H. said:

She is quite intelligent..

On 28/04/2016 at 5:09 AM, Nick H. said:

Haven't you watch Testament of Youth? Her accent was very good in that movie .

Scirwode

• 1 month later...

Warner Bros. and MGM have officially given the upcoming Tomb Raider film reboot a release date for March 16, 2018. The film will star Ex Machina’s Alicia Vikander as series protagonist Lara Croft, a globetrotting archeologist and adventurer.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/07/alicia-vikanders-tomb-raider-gets-a-release-date/

• 1 year later...

It looks like the movie is going to borrow a lot from the first reboot game, which is good IMO, smart move.  

Tomb Raider - Brilliant!

Alicia Vikander - Brilliant!

Looks like it could be an entertaining film, I'll be checking it out. I'm going to go and play the game again now. :laugh:

On 7/10/2016 at 4:39 PM, FloatingFatMan said:

This is one movie franchise no-one will mind being rebooted! :p 

This tbh :laugh:

And with Alicia in it to boot. Reminds me to check out what Alex Garland is up to in the film world after Dredd and Ex Machina, 2 of the best movies of the past 5 years.

The story lines in the 2 games have been spot on, so if the movie borrows heavily from the first game, then a sequel should do the same with the 2nd game IMO.  

• Like 1