• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How to add movie posters to windows folders ?

max22    93

I am on Windows 10 and trying to add movie poster pictures as the folder icon for my ripped blu ray movies! How would I do this please?

Thanks.

max22    93

I want something like this.

Movie posters.JPG

Zagadka    4,059

Um, unless I'm misunderstanding, go to the folder properties, Customize tab, change icon below. Use one of the several web services to generate an .ico from a picture.

At least, that is how I do it. There is probably an app or something that can do it better.

max22    93
1 minute ago, Zagadka said:

Um, unless I'm misunderstanding, go to the folder properties, Customize tab, change icon below. Use one of the several web services to generate an .ico from a picture.

At least, that is how I do it. There is probably an app or something that can do it better.

Thanks so it will look like the picture above ?

Microsoft BOB™ 10    936

Microsoft removed that ability starting with Windows 7 unless you hack Explorer to force it to use the older SysListView32 control used in Vista. But that messes up some other things.

max22    93

Actually I got it to work.

gdodson    24

Hopefully you didn't waste time manually setting the image for each folder. Just drop the poster into the folder and name it Folder.jpg. Windows does the rest.

• Like 2

max22    93

See it works.

See it worked.jpg

Copernic    467

Try ICAROS

vj0GJQ9.png

Draggendrop    5,747
15 hours ago, gdodson said:

Hopefully you didn't waste time manually setting the image for each folder. Just drop the poster into the folder and name it Folder.jpg. Windows does the rest.

Works great...Thanx for the tip.

:D

kalkal    558

I used to have an app that would do this automatically (runs in the background and waits for new folders to be added), it would pull the info from the file name and search popular movie sites (like IMDB) and rename the folder to the same scheme and grab the artwork for you. It hasn't been updated in years but I believe it still works. The only problem is, I've been using plex for a couple of years now and I've totally forgot the name of it! 

• Like 1

max22    93
8 minutes ago, kalkal said:

I used to have an app that would do this automatically (runs in the background and waits for new folders to be added), it would pull the info from the file name and search popular movie sites (like IMDB) and rename the folder to the same scheme and grab the artwork for you. It hasn't been updated in years but I believe it still works. The only problem is, I've been using plex for a couple of years now and I've totally forgot the name of it! 

That is ok.

bluefire369    0

Installing K-Lite Codec pack, say the latest version, will generate movie posters for the respective files instead of the regular thumbnails. But if you want the folder itself as a poster, then use Icon Man Mark VIII, which not only generates posters for movies, but also for Games, TV Series etc.

Thanks.