Script for youtube that disables autoplay and annotations?

I find myself watching allot via YouTube but the thing that annoys me the most is the stupid annotations and the insistence of auto playing the next video that might be related to what you're currently watching.  Is there a script or something for FF that I can add to stop this? I already have html5 video not playing automatically, but inside of YouTube this doesn't mater after the first video. I know that it can be turned of per session but I'm looking for a permanent fix, if such a thing exits. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I find myself watching allot via YouTube but the thing that annoys me the most is the stupid annotations and the insistence of auto playing the next video that might be related to what you're currently watching.  Is there a script or something for FF that I can add to stop this? I already have html5 video not playing automatically, but inside of YouTube this doesn't mater after the first video. I know that it can be turned of per session but I'm looking for a permanent fix, if such a thing exits. Thanks!

You can disable autoplay in the right corner. 

Autoplay disable.PNG

Edit:

Rereading your post... I don't know if you have already turned off or not, but I've never seen another video after I had this thing off. It works wonders.

Click on your picture (top-right corner), and click the gear button. This will bring you to YouTube Account Settings. 

Hit Playback, and uncheck "Show annotations and in-video notifications"

anno.PNG

2 minutes ago, Jose_49 said:

Click on your picture (top-right corner), and click the gear button. This will bring you to YouTube Account Settings. 

anno.PNG

Maybe he doesn't have a YouTube account? :)

• zhangm changed the title to Script for youtube that disables autoplay and annotations?
12 minutes ago, Jose_49 said:

anno.PNG

I never knew about this, thanks!

7 minutes ago, Jose_49 said:

This will work, thanks!

13 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I just tried this in ff, no addons

I'm not sure if it helps, but this was not signed in neither

Image1.jpg

I know about this option, however I am looking for a permanent solution, not just a per video.

FlashControl (formerly FlashBlock? Meh, same thing) tends to take care of all pages loading video.