18 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

I'm waiting to purchase it after I see more gameplay footage of the different maps. So far not impressed with the seeming lack of iconic WWI set pieces in the multiplayer maps (specifically trenches and large artillery pieces). Also annoyed with the number of automatic weapons present in the game, it may as well not even be set in WWI. May be a good game, but I don't take kindly to branding a game based on a specific time period then getting the historicity of it so wrong as well as leaving out two of the biggest parts of WWI (trenches and heavy artillery).

im a huge BF franchise fan (since BF42) and have managed multiple ranked servers and clans over the years, run up literally 500+ of hours on every BF title since 42, until Battlefront (managed 30hours) so I know when I say, BF1, is Battlefront with fake WWI pants on.

im also have a big WWI historical interest and this also annoys the hell out of me, its crazily inaccurate, it doesnt even have the french on release, a later DLC, sorry what? 

No hosted private server support unless DICE or EA (although some noise about renting them now) but still no word on active admin facilities, no RCOn etc.

I've played in the closed alpha (NDA agreement) and the last beta and tbh it leaves me cold, im not even bothering installing the latest beta.

Sure is pretty but it has hacking problems already pistols seem to be the weapon of choice for the aim-botters, how can you manage that without any active admin facilities? 

Sad times for me, its a turd, a highly polished one, but a turd nevertheless, itll bomb on PC just like battlefront did (30 hours before i was bored personally) welcome to DICE/EAs Consolised BF franchise,

thanks Battlefront, look what you did to old faithful on its original platform.........

Edited by Mando

On 9/19/2016 at 3:15 PM, Andrew said:

MINIMUM SPECS

Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K

:|  Well, looks like I wont be able to play it...

So you need a new CPU just to play this game?

11 hours ago, jrolson said:

Works great on my i5 3570K with 4K...

9 hours ago, WildWayz said:

Works great on my i5 3570K with 4K...

Why would they make the i5 6600K the min. requirement if it works on older CPU's then...

They probably should change it as it could scare some buyers away...

21 hours ago, jrolson said:

Take dices spec with a pinch of salt. If your pc blasted bf4 and battlefront at high to ultra at decent fps youll be fine. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just don't know about this game, it's to simple... BF4 each gun felt different, there were extra add-ons for vehicles. You could change your class loadout's outside of having to do it while a game is going on in the background. It seems to me they decided to dumb it down to bring in a larger audience.

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

I just don't know about this game, it's to simple... BF4 each gun felt different, there were extra add-ons for vehicles. You could change your class loadout's outside of having to do it while a game is going on in the background. It seems to me they decided to dumb it down to bring in a larger audience.

yep, and its tanking on PC, players leaving in their droves, stupidification of the Battlefield franchise sadly.

Currently online players (Total: 114,474):

PC

Peak 24h

XBOXONE

Peak 24h

PS4

Peak 24h

reskinning battlefront and putting in gas attacks does not equate to a worthy title imo.

9 minutes ago, Mando said:

yep, and its tanking on PC, players leaving in their droves, stupidification of the Battlefield franchise sadly.

Currently online players (Total: 114,474):

PC

Peak 24h

XBOXONE

Peak 24h

PS4

Peak 24h

reskinning battlefront and putting in gas attacks does not equate to a worthy title imo.

BF typically has less players on PC these days, regardless of the quality of the game. Tactical shooters and Overwatch rule the FPS scene. Even CoD's MP is dead on PC.

• 4 weeks later...

If only the game was as exciting as the trailer....

The crate system sucks. The gun load out only in game system sucks, all the guns of each class feel the same. You can headshot someone across the map without even trying, like it has some aim/bullet assist. It is nothing like Battlefield 4 or 3. You can tell it was dumbed down for consoles.

• 3 months later...

Published on 10 Jun 2017

A first glimpse of Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Enter the war’s biggest front with the Russian army in the most extensive Battlefield expansion so far. Full expansion available September 2017.

• 1 month later...
On 27/12/2016 at 9:54 AM, Slarlac249 said:

wake me when they do a 2143 completely lost interest after bf4.

You know if they did 2143 it'll probably be dumbed down and nothing like 2142, so better they didn't to be honest.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:26 PM, xendrome said:

If only the game was as exciting as the trailer....

The crate system sucks. The gun load out only in game system sucks, all the guns of each class feel the same. You can headshot someone across the map without even trying, like it has some aim/bullet assist. It is nothing like Battlefield 4 or 3. You can tell it was dumbed down for consoles.

sad...but totally true! 

I aint been near anything DICE since BF4. they are a shadow of their former self.

On 7/3/2017 at 6:26 PM, xendrome said:

It is nothing like Battlefield 4 or 3. You can tell it was dumbed down for consoles.

Not sure if "for consoles", as BF4 was on consoles too, but BF1 feels certainly dumb.

The design decisions regarding crates, in game loadouts and weapon variety are just outright lame, and the near absence of bullet drop is preposterous.

WW1 snipers are apparently more advanced than their modern, state of the art BF4 counterparts.

• 2 months later...