When people see your Android wear watch, do they ever ask you if that's the Apple watch?

When people see your Android wear watch do they ever ask you if that's the Apple watch?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. When people see your Android wear watch most of them ask you...

• Is that the Apple watch?
    • Is that an Android wear watch?
    • You have a smart watch?
    • Just complement you on how it looks.
    • They say nothing.
    • *don't have an a smart watch*
    • *I don't have an Android wear smart watch but an Apple Watch.*

I feel kind of bad for Android, they were the first to actually deliver on a watch but when I got one of the very first Moto 360's everyone who saw it asked me if that's the new Apple Watch. Which had just gotten announced but wasn't going to get released for another 6 months.

To this day they still ask me if that's the Apple watch. Apparently there are no Android wear smart watches.

Also as far as the poll goes, there is no option

I haven't had anyone ask if it's an apple watch, maybe because it's round?   (LG Urbane)

if they seem really interested, and not just looking at it, i'll open up watchmaker on my phone and show them the bunch of faces i have downloaded, or go to facerepo and show them what's available.   (that usually gets them pretty hyped up about it, because the apple watch has, what, 10 or 15 faces?)

Just now, Buttus said:

I haven't had anyone ask if it's an apple watch, maybe because it's round?   (LG Urbane)

if they seem really interested, and not just looking at it, i'll open up watchmaker on my phone and show them the bunch of faces i have downloaded, or go to facerepo and show them what's available.   (that usually gets them pretty hyped up about it, because the apple watch has, what, 10 or 15 faces?)

So far i've seen 2 people with Apple Watches. The 1st was at a bar 2 weeks ago, she had it in her purse. The conversation came up when her friend thought I had an Apple Watch. The 2nd time was last week, one of the female bartenders was wearing one. Which doesn't surprise me, every person in that bar customer or employee seems to have an iPhone.

I've only seen one person with an apple watch so far, a bagboy at publix.  as i was paying, he mentioned my watch and we put them side by side and he asked me a couple of questions.  it was nice, but i really don't like square....     watchmaker blew his mind, which was pretty cool.  

i've only seen one other smart watch, a moto360, but then i don't really actively look for them.

Zenwatch2 owner here - I have not been asked about mine at all.    I do admit- I have worn long sleeves for a while though due to the weather, but mostly, nobody says a word.

When I was shopping for a watch, I was always noticing them on people's arms.  Asking questions about them (store cashier, waiter etc).  Surely due to hyperawareness.    Since I have had mine these last few months, I rarely notice them.  I compared my watch to a display in the store of the Apple Watch and while it looks similar, there is really NO way to confuse the two when you see them.

When I first got my Moto 360 last year, I had a few people ask me "is that an Apple Watch?" but recently, I've just had people just ask me "what kind of watch is that; it looks unique?"

On 5/6/2016 at 5:58 PM, warwagon said:

I feel kind of bad for Android, they were the first to actually deliver on a watch but when I got one of the very first Moto 360's everyone who saw it asked me if that's the new Apple Watch. Which had just gotten announced but wasn't going to get released for another 6 months.

To this day they still ask me if that's the Apple watch. Apparently there are no Android wear smart watches.

Also as far as the poll goes, there is no option

I wear the Microsoft Band and people ask if it's the Apple Watch . . .

I get asked if my Pebble Time is an Apple Watch. Most people have never even heard of Pebble, but for $149 (it's hard not to find a sale where it's less than $100) it offers all the features I want from a smart watch. 

The blank teller this morning saw my LG G watch on my wrist, and asked "Is that the Apple Watch?"

Yes. Along with "What kind of iPad is that?" :hmmm:

It's not an iPad that I have, it's a Surface. And it's a lot better than any stinkin iPad.

• Like 2

Never had a smart watch.  I prefer just standard mechanical.  Bought a Citizen Nighthawk Eco-Drive a couple months ago.  It has that light charging thing so the battery recharges using any source of light (including artificial).

2 minutes ago, firey said:

Never had a smart watch.  I prefer just standard mechanical.  Bought a Citizen Nighthawk Eco-Drive a couple months ago.  It has that light charging thing so the battery recharges using any source of light (including artificial).

While the battery life isn't as good as a mechanical watch (Obviously), the LG G watch is a HELL OF A LOT better than the Moto 360. After a full 2 days of use i'm at 23% (wasn't seated all the way on the Magnetic Charger the night before, I was a tad intoxicated when putting it on) . It's really nice to get notifications on your wrist. Some I would have missed completely.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

While the battery life isn't as good as a mechanical watch (Obviously), the LG G watch is a HELL OF A LOT better than the Moto 360. After a full 2 days of use i'm at 23%. It's really nice to get notifications on your wrist. Some I would have missed completely.

Yea, I mean I guess I charge my phone every night so to charge a watch would just become habit.  That said I will never have to change the battery or worry about my watch dying.  I can't remember the exact numbers but to charge my watch to full battery is 40 hours of natural direct sunlight, and 250 hours of artificial.  It also does charging passively so it will charge to X amount then drain until Y amount. A Full charge can last 6 months without any source of light.  

5 minutes ago, firey said:

Yea, I mean I guess I charge my phone every night so to charge a watch would just become habit.  That said I will never have to change the battery or worry about my watch dying.  I can't remember the exact numbers but to charge my watch to full battery is 40 hours of natural direct sunlight, and 250 hours of artificial.  It also does charging passively so it will charge to X amount then drain until Y amount. A Full charge can last 6 months without any source of light.  

Oh and that's another thing about the LG G watch.  ... if the battery ever does get wore out..... BAM! The Watch gets a 9 / 10 on i fixit. 

Plus its cheap too ... it's only $80 Crap ... the price went up... When I bought mine and my moms watch (for her birthday) it was $80 .. now it's $127 :(

26715337080_309a6b6100_o.jpg

26715337200_e0b37a8271_o.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

Get that a lot with the moto 360 , people asking if its a apple. I reply no its a real smartwatch and not a toy :D

It's funny, because Apple watch is Square (with rounded corners) and Moto 360 is round. Which really shows, they don't know what they are talking about! :D

I don't have a smart watch. Actually, at the moment I don't even have a watch. While my Tissot is still on my wrist it's run in to a mechanical fault and needs to be repaired. I don't see the need for a smart watch.

• 3 months later...

I have the Zenwatch 2 (Asus) and no one has really said anything about specifically being apple or android, so I just voted complements on watch

On 5/6/2016 at 6:14 PM, Gary7 said:

I have had the same watch since 1990 a Wenger Titanium Swiss watch,

And why change. Smartwatches are getting better slowly... But they are not at good level yet.

I wear my swiss watch to tell time and as a fashion item.  Also out of habit.

Practical reasons to wear smart watch are minimal to a laymen.

Only people who wear special gear and/or cannot actually check their phone win from wearing them..

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

And why change. Smartwatches are getting better slowly... But they are not at good level yet.

I wear my swiss watch to tell time and as a fashion item.  Also out of habit.

Practical reasons to wear smart watch are minimal to a laymen.

Only people who wear special gear and/or cannot actually check their phone win from wearing them..

I would buy a Rolex over a smart watch if I could afford one.

• 2 weeks later...