Looking for a new MP3 Player

Old school I know.

I like them though so I don't have to waste phone battery, nor do I have to use horrible iTunes on Windows just to load tracks.

I have a Creative Zen V-Plus, which still works and is fine but I'm looking for a replacement. It doesn't play well with headphones that have a volume control or microphone so that limits the types of headphones I can use.

It's also useless in bright sunlight.

i did have an iRiver E100 I think it was but decided I didn't like it. A mistake as it was actually a nice player.

Do modern MP3 players exist still?

Any recommendations?

I bought a cheap android smartphone and removed all apps but camera, gallery and music player. Themed it into a hello Kitty music player and gave that to my godchild. Batterylife is realy great and she can even put it on speaker.  

I chose this specifically for battery life and intuitive interface.

Hello,

I recently stopped using my 120GB Zune; I exchanged it for a 128GB Micro SDXC card that goes into my smartphone.  The one thing I really miss, though, is having physical controls.  Having to look at the phone to know where to touch to skip something, etc., is a step backwards.

For standalone devices, you might want to check out Archos, Cowon, FiiO and HiFiMan, to name a few.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Like 1

Try the Sandisk sport clip players. They start at 8 or 16 GB and have a micro sd card slot. You can get their top of the line one for $40.00. 

Have you considered a inexpensive Windows Phone as an mp3 player (with Bluetooth, Web Browsing, Offline GPS Navigation, Emergency 911 Call service) that has expandable memory. 

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have an iPhone yes. But as I say, even if there's a way to put music on the phone without iTunes, I prefer to use another device to save battery and such.

Turns out, as a quick fix I can pull the headphones out a millimetre and they will work in full stereo without having to hold the button down constantly.

However, I will take a look at the others as there's the screen issue too.

Hello,

A small plastic washer like the kind used for screws on PC motherboards might work to keep the headset plug offset "correctly" until you can fix or replace the device.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7 hours ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have an iPhone yes. But as I say, even if there's a way to put music on the phone without iTunes, I prefer to use another device to save battery and such.

Turns out, as a quick fix I can pull the headphones out a millimetre and they will work in full stereo without having to hold the button down constantly.

However, I will take a look at the others as there's the screen issue too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003IIGVBS

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/get-music-on-off-iphone-ipad-without-itunes-sync-2016-3534334/

https://www.iskysoft.com/itunes-tips/itunes-alternative.html

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-iphone-6-battery-cases/

Just thinking along the lines of saving money and having less to carry.

There are still lots of great portable audio players being produced, but the price can get ridiculous at the high end. What is your budget?

I use an old Android phone for my MP3 player.  It is rooted, just a few apps installed.  Works great and it was free since was my old phone from several years ago. 

In my car, still have a 30gb old school iPod.