• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Season Pass Question

Recommended Posts

techbeck    6,867

So I have the Season Pass for Fallout 4.  I want to go and buy it online so it downloads/installs while I am at work.  When I go to the site, it lists it as 24.99.  But if I go from my X1, it says it is free.

 

Question is, if I buy it online from my PC, will I be charged or will it actually recognize I have the season pass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764

When you say "I want to go and buy it online" what do you mean? Your first sentence suggests that you already have the season pass :s

 

Are you talking about a specific bit of DLC? If so, it should recognise that you have a season pass and just allow you to download it. I guess that you've already logged into your account on the website? Try buying it and see if it recognises that you have a season pass, there's a few steps between the first page with the DLC details/price and actually parting with your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,867
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

When you say "I want to go and buy it online" what do you mean? Your first sentence suggests that you already have the season pass :s

 

Are you talking about a specific bit of DLC? If so, it should recognise that you have a season pass and just allow you to download it. I guess that you've already logged into your account on the website? Try buying it and see if it recognises that you have a season pass, there's a few steps between the first page with the DLC details/price and actually parting with your money.

Shoot, sorry.  Not much sleep last night.  I already have the season pass.  I want to download a DLC that will be free with the season pass but on my PC, it says I will be charged.  On my X1, it says free.  I went to buy but stopped at the final screen where it says I will be charged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764
1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Shoot, sorry.  Not much sleep last night.  I already have the season pass.  I want to download a DLC that will be free with the season pass but on my PC, it says I will be charged.  On my X1, it says free.  I went to buy but stopped at the final screen where it says I will be charged.

Ha, it's fine I figured that's what you meant ;)

 

Hm, I've just tried something similar with Sunset Overdrive. I own the season pass but attempted to download an individual bit of DLC, and it looks to try and charge me. May be an issue with how it all works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,867
2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Ha, it's fine I figured that's what you meant ;)

 

Hm, I've just tried something similar with Sunset Overdrive. I own the season pass but attempted to download an individual bit of DLC, and it looks to try and charge me. May be an issue with how it all works.

Did you actually buy the DLC and did it charge you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cnónna    670

have you tried doing it using the smartglass app? on your phone or tablet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764
5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Did you actually buy the DLC and did it charge you? 

No I just saw the page where it would charge you if I hit confirm. 

 

Just did a quick Google search and it seems to be a short sightedness on MS behalf...despite owning the season pass, you're able to purchase individual items from the website and it doesn't see that you own the season pass.

 

I would probably wait until you get back and buy from the console. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,867
1 minute ago, Cnónna said:

have you tried doing it using the smartglass app? on your phone or tablet.

I search for it in Smartglass but when I click on the DLC, does not show where I can buy/download it.  Just lists the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo    1,764
Just now, techbeck said:

I search for it in Smartglass but when I click on the DLC, does not show where I can buy/download it.  Just lists the info.

Yeah I was going to suggest the same but tried it first. Needs to be raised with MS ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andrew    2,860

Do not hit the buy button, as you could be charged twice.

 

Most games will have a menu where you can navigate to DLC/Season pass. That is where you must initate the download from. Browsing the individual items on the store does not recognize your season pass license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,867
1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Do not hit the buy button, as you could be charged twice.

 

Most games will have a menu where you can navigate to DLC/Season pass. That is where you must initate the download from. Browsing the individual items on the store does not recognize your season pass license.

That blows.  Hope they make this an option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.