Papa John's or Domino's?

Pizza preference!  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Papa John's or Domino's?

• Papa John's
    • Domino's
    • Neither (leave a reply!)

I used to always order pizza from Domino's, but since Papa John's is now in the area, I've moved over to them; my reasons for doing so:

• Papa Rewards - free large pizza after you earn 5 points; Domino's has no rewards program
  • Papa Offers - £10 off every £25 order, or 50% off a £40 order; amazing deals.
  • Wider selection of desserts

How about you? Papa John's or Domino's?

Even though Domino's is ~2 miles from us, and Papa Johns is ~5 or so, I still order from Papa Johns. I find that the pizza is much better from Papa John's, not to mention the Papa Rewards are a nice incentive. Domino's makes really good sandwiches, so if I am in the mood for a sandwich, I'll order from Domino's, otherwise, pizza comes from Papa!

3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Even though Domino's is ~2 miles from us, and Papa Johns is ~5 or so, I still order from Papa Johns. I find that the pizza is much better from Papa John's, not to mention the Papa Rewards are a nice incentive. Domino's makes really good sandwiches, so if I am in the mood for a sandwich, I'll order from Domino's, otherwise, pizza comes from Papa!

There's one thing that annoys me about Domino's - what is offered in different regions varies hugely. Here, we can order pizza, some drinks and a few desserts - whereas in regions close-by, but out of delivery range, offer wraps, sandwiches, huge range of drinks and desserts, etc. I wish they could just offer a universal menu.

Just now, Jack W said:

There's one thing that annoys me about Domino's - what is offered in different regions varies hugely. Here, we can order pizza, some drinks and a few desserts - whereas in regions close-by, but out of delivery range, offer wraps, sandwiches, huge range of drinks and desserts, etc. I wish they could just offer a universal menu.

I have not had that issue here in the states, but that really would suck! Of course my favorite pizza place is a little hole-in-the-wall mom/pop type store right down the road!

I'll take my pizza from my local pizza joint.  Can't beat a thin crust pizza made by Mexicans.  Mexicans are the new Italians. :-)

Can't stomach John Schnatter's political leanings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

I'll take my pizza from m local pizza joint.  Can't beat a thin crust pizza made by Mexicans.  Mexicans are the new Italians. :-)

They make them at Papa John's and Dominoes as well. I also prefer local Pizza shops. My favorite is Mexican Food. I got hooked on it when I lived in Phoenix.

Papa John's is absolute garbage.  I'd rather go hungry for the night than eat that crap.  Don't have Domino's close to me so that's out, too.  Round Table, Mountain Mike's and Pizza Guys are my usual.

I always get Pizza from some nice local place. Ahh the small joints around here put the chains to shame.

1 minute ago, Ryoken said:

I always get Pizza from some nice local place. Ahh the small joints around here put the chains to shame.

Sometimes I do go to the local one - their pizza is good, but sometimes I feel it is too much, they stuff lots of cheese etc on it, sometimes I just want a nice pizza for one person, where I also have room for dessert. :) 

I don't have either of those to options here on the island. We do have 3 local places making their own pizza, all 3 a great!

I don't get pizza from any of the major chains - they're all gross to me anymore. There are restaurants we can order from or I can make one myself.

2 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Dominos. Every time I've had a John's I've felt let down by what i see as a pretty boring pizza.

I see what you mean by boring, i think. Domino's for me was always quite deep, and full of toppings, really enjoyable, whereas Papa John's seem quite flat and skinny with toppings.

I'm happy to read that so many people still prefer the local pizza places over these massive chains

1 minute ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

Both companies add a delivery surcharge, but the drivers don't get a penny of it.

As a hidden cost? I've never directly paid a delivery fee.

Neither is my first choice, got a local place that makes really good pizzas, but between those two, Papa John's.  I think their pizzas taste better.

32 minutes ago, Jack W said:

I used to always order pizza from Domino's, but since Papa John's is now in the area, I've moved over to them; my reasons for doing so:

• Papa Rewards - free large pizza after you earn 5 points; Domino's has no rewards program
  • Papa Offers - £10 off every £25 order, or 50% off a £40 order; amazing deals.
  • Wider selection of desserts

How about you? Papa John's or Domino's?

Dominos has rewards program. I guess depends on the location where you are ... You might want to check in your account page to sign up for rewards. If not there, then rewards isn't available in your area..

its up up to you to choose a favorite pizza place ...

if if it was me, I choose the place based on the best taste.  

keep in mind that not every pizza taste same..  Depends on who makes them.  

For example, dominos tastes better than papa johns.  In out of state, papa johns tastes better than dominos. 

26 minutes ago, Jack W said:

I see what you mean by boring, i think. Domino's for me was always quite deep, and full of toppings, really enjoyable, whereas Papa John's seem quite flat and skinny with toppings.

Yeah i just never saw it as particularly interesting. If i'm buying junk food, may as well go all in and just have a full on junk fest :p

Unfortunately i live in an area now that doesn't get any take away aervices delivering to it, so i don't have the option any more!