Introducing GOG Connect

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

So you can only claim the games between specific dates, then you can't do it anymore, that seems rather dumb.

it's an offer, GOG didn't have to offer it at all.

16 minutes ago, xendrome said:

So you can only claim the games between specific dates, then you can't do it anymore, that seems rather dumb.

It's always been like that to be honest.

30 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

It's always been like that to be honest.

if anyone has stalker series retail you can still redeem the CD disc code on GOG to get DRM free copies of them https://www.gog.com/reclaim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

more games up on gog connect.  can't be bothered taking screen grab this time :rofl:

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'm not sure why this is burried in a GOG Connect thread but it's awesome news.

GOG Connect is the program where you get a GOG version of Steam games you already own and seems to have nothing to do with this new Galaxy client update unless I'm missing something.

2 minutes ago, Asmodai said:

GOG Connect is the program where you get a GOG version of Steam games you already own and seems to have nothing to do with this new Galaxy client update unless I'm missing something.

You're right, it has nothing to do with Connect, but it's the most active GOG topic we have in the GH and why I put it here. However, it's on the front page news too now which has the best visibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Saints row 2 free on GOG.com just now as well as saints row from steam to gog through connect. rrm4hGoh.png

18 minutes ago, Cnónna said:

Saints row 2 free on GOG.com just now as well as saints row from steam to gog through connect. rrm4hGoh.png

My screen only showing 3 games.....

3 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

My screen only showing 3 games.....

mwGYDqO.gif I've claimed the lot on gog if that makes you feel any better.

did you get saints row 2 the last time it was on offer on connect or on a free giveaway on GOG I already had it on GOG in any case from a giveaway.

scroll on down to see already claimed/owned titles on the connect page.

Just now, Cnónna said:

mwGYDqO.gif I've claimed the lot on gog if that makes you feel any better.

No what I am saying that it showing this and not all 4 games like you have.

unknown[1].png

3 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

No what I am saying that it showing this and not all 4 games like you have.

unknown[1].png

maybe due to region?

• 3 weeks later...

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves, an action/strategy folktale about two brothers fighting evil, is permanently FREE!C_99Kp3VwAAKjzY.jpg

https://www.gog.com/game/sangfroid_tales_of_werewolves

Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves also free on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/227220/SangFroid__Tales_of_Werewolves/

Edited by Cnónna

DcDEVsOh.png

https://www.gog.com/game/mount_blade

About: Calradia is a land at war, offering great riches and even greater dangers to adventurers and mercenaries that flock to shed their blood on its soil. With courage and a strong sword, an unknown stranger can make a name as a warrior.

•     Free-form sand-box gameplay. You are free to go anywhere in a world with more than a hundred unique locations including villages, castles and towns.
  •     Groundbreaking horseback combat.
  •     Highly advanced and intuitive sword-fighting systems.
  •     Fight on horseback and foot using a vast variety of medieval weapons, each with unique characteristics.
  •     You can be anything from a lonesome adventurer to a commander of armies or an owner of villages, castles or towns.
  •     Sophisticated AI will challenge you in combat and in your strategic plans.
  •     Freedom to interact with hundreds of characters.

• 3 weeks later...

More Titles added and GOG summer sale, * Rebel Galaxy FREE with your first purchase

pWBp3RU.png

• Like 1

On 2017-03-22 at 2:29 PM, Asmodai said:

There's still a long way to go for the client. I have it installed but there's really not much progression to it. I expected it to progress more rapidly. Still lacking in pretty much every areas (outside of buying games) if you compare it to Steam client. It's sad cause i'm kind of used to all the social features on Steam so even if GoG is DRM free if a game is the same price on Steam and GoG i'll buy it on Steam.

1 hour ago, LaP said:

There's still a long way to go for the client.

Really?  I don't notice anything significant missing it has features that Steam doesn't have.  Out of curiosity what specific feature(s) do you think are most important but are missing?

5 hours ago, Asmodai said:

Really?  I don't notice anything significant missing it has features that Steam doesn't have.  Out of curiosity what specific feature(s) do you think are most important but are missing?

For one a link to the forum on the store page of a game. I hate having to leave the store page, go to the forum page and search for a specific forum. A search box in the store front page. Having to select browse games option to do a search is kind of dumb­. The filtering by tags in the library should not reset. If i want to show only the games with a particular tag then the client should remember it next time i open it. No way to group games by tags. Sorting them by tags kind of do that but there's no separators in between. The review system kind of ****. Everyone gives 4 or 5 stars to pretty much every games that are remotely just okay. Pretty much all games are rated between 4 and 5 stars. No way to sort or filter the reviews by score to be able to show only the negatives ones. No achievements anyway not in the games i played on it. No profile page to share information about me. No way to store and share my screenshots or videos. No community addons repository. As far as i know no way for devs to share information on the store page outside of a description. On Steam they can post some blog like recent updates about upcoming patches and such. On GoG it must be in the forum or main description and there's no direct forum link anywhere. I probably forget things it's what i can think about quickly. I think the store page needs some loves. Library should ne a little bit more customization.  Would be cool to have a profile page acting as an hub for everything related to me on GoG.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, LaP said:

For one a link to the forum on the store page of a game.

First let me say thanks for taking the time to point out the things you felt were missing and I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond.  I usually post in these forums at work but I wanted to go through this with Galaxy up and this is the first chance I got at home to take a look.  I've honestly found nothing missing so it's kind of interesting noting what you feel is missing.  That said you are correct there doesn't seem to be a link to the forum from the store page.  There are however links to the specific forum on the page for games you have installed as well as on the pages for games in your library.  (I say "link" but it's really more of a menu that flies out of the "More" button...)

A search box in the store front page.

This one has me confused... are you just talking about the website or the Galaxy Client?  In the Galaxy Client the search box is in the top left corner.  It's always there no matter if you are in the store or not and as such makes no sense for them to put a second one in the Store.

The filtering by tags in the library should not reset. If i want to show only the games with a particular tag then the client should remember it next time i open it.

Fair enough but I think that's more a personal preference than a missing feature.

No way to group games by tags. Sorting them by tags kind of do that but there's no separators in between.

I'm not sure what this means.  No separators where? Are you talking about the installed games on the left?

The review system kind of ****. Everyone gives 4 or 5 stars to pretty much every games that are remotely just okay. Pretty much all games are rated between 4 and 5 stars.

I think that's a result of the bulk of the games being old games that people wanted and people rate them high because of nostalgia value and getting to play games they once loved that they thought they'd never get to play again.  They didn't really start getting new releases until after Witcher 3 and since they are much smaller than Steam even now many new releases don't offer gog.com versions.  The ones that do are usually the better games.  I do see a few 3 and even a 2.5 star (Ultima 9) on quick glance but you're right I don't see any one or two stars.  It kind of sounds like your complaining because they don't have more crap games though.  They add games based (in part) on demand and if they're highly demanded they aren't likely to get poor ratings.  I know for example that I backed a Kickstarter for a game called Worlds of Magic and it launched on Steam first, they were supposed to launch on gog.com as well but gog.com wouldn't let them because the game was so badly reviewed on steam and they didn't want such a poor game on their service.  Anyway the ratings are ultimately done by people not gog.com so what would you sugget they do to make people rate the games lower?

No way to sort or filter the reviews by score to be able to show only the negatives ones.

That's a good point.

No achievements anyway not in the games i played on it.

This is false.  There ARE achievements.  Neither Steam or Gog.com creates the achievements though the game developer has to support them.  Gog.com has done their part and I have several games that use them but if the games you play don't then that's entirely up to the developers of those games.

No profile page to share information about me. No way to store and share my screenshots or videos.

I'm not sure they want to compete with facebook and such but you're correct, it doesn't do those.  If those things are a HUGE deal for you then Steam probably is a better option.  Maybe they'll move in that direction but I really don't think they're going for the social network approach.

No community addons repository.

I totally agree with you here... for me that's the first thing you posted that I'd actually like to see too.  Personally I dream that gog.com and nexus mods would combine but that's probably unrealistic.  They did recently team up for a promotion and such but gog.com is so late to the game I don't think they want to disrupt the existing modding communities like nexus mods.

As far as i know no way for devs to share information on the store page outside of a description. On Steam they can post some blog like recent updates about upcoming patches and such. On GoG it must be in the forum or main description and there's no direct forum link anywhere.

The last part of this is a restatement of your first point.  I'm not sure having devs post in multiple different places would be the best approach but they do clearly note dev posts in the forum and there are direct forum links from your installed games and game library if not in the store.  I think this really is more about the fact you're looking for more of a social network than I believe they are even trying to be.  I personally never had any interest in any of the social features of Steam and it's kind of interesting to me to see someone talk about them as so essential whereas I found them all but pointless.

I think the store page needs some loves. Library should ne a little bit more customization.  Would be cool to have a profile page acting as an hub for everything related to me on GoG.

I'm not saying there's nothing I'd like to see, it's certainly got room to grow but I find it easier to find games I like on gog.com with their filters than with Steam.  My Steam library was over 500 when I bailed on Steam and it was damn near impossible to manage anything.  Maybe gog.com is just easier because I only have half as many games.  I do think the idea of sorting the reviews by ratings is solid as well and again for me personally I couldn't care less about social features but I admit that's just my personal preference and others may disagree.  Again though thanks for taking the time to respond.

5 hours ago, Asmodai said:

This one has me confused... are you just talking about the website or the Galaxy Client?  In the Galaxy Client the search box is in the top left corner.  It's always there no matter if you are in the store or not and as such makes no sense for them to put a second one in the Store.

I genuinely didn't know that you could use that search box look in the whole the store, and I've been using the client for a long time.