Xbox One Update: June 2016

Ah, I guess this means they won't be fixing the groove xbox app. 

the new groove UWP app was in the "ready to install" list. but it only shows the "coming soon" screen with a button to launch the current one that won't play my music :)

Xbox One Preview build rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160720-1942 has started going out, check for updates guys.

Microsoft is rolling out a new update for the Xbox One Preview tonight. Just yesterday, the company released Build 14393.1008 for Xbox One Preview members with a number of bug fixes and today, the company is releasing rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160721-1913 for the Xbox One with more improvements.

http://mspoweruser.com/another-xbox-one-preview-update-now-rolling-out/

Netflix UWP now both installs AND runs.

Unfortunately the Groove UWP app still only shows the "coming soon" page when you start it.  But I guess this means that the available third party UWP apps now work. 

4 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Netflix UWP now both installs AND runs.

Unfortunately the Groove UWP app still only shows the "coming soon" page when you start it.  But I guess this means that the available third party UWP apps now work. 

Yeah the Groove one is the only one I want to use anyway :D

Just as an update for those who haven't found out yet.

Groove UWP now works as well. and yes, it supports background music.

now it's time for Spotify, Apple and Tidal to step up and provide some UWP's instead of their variety of ###### programs. 

I very much doubt you are going to see Apple Music on any console, any time soon.

And Spotify released a small update a few weeks ago:

“Right now we’re focused on our exclusive partnership with PlayStation, we don’t have any info regarding other consoles,” read the reply.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/18/even-after-background-music-support-is-released-spotify-wont-be-coming-to-xbox-one/

As for Tidal, it's probably going to be bought up by Apple.

Yeah, I know Apple probably won't. As for Spotify, they like to not say things untill they happen. and if they focus to much on their PS partnership they risk losing customers to Groove that is on all platforms. 

Tidal... ah we'll see what happens with them, they where better when they where WIMP anyway. if they allow themselves to be bought out, they die. if they want to survive they need to grow, and to grow they need more market. 

At this rate though, I'll be back on Groove though.  as I don't like using multiple services and I need to use groove for the xbox. so far I stream my uploaded one drive music, but I like sharing my playlists on all devices... 

I'd love to have Spotify on the Xbox One, since I pay for the service (can't get groove in my country), if they're still locked to PS oh well, just a waiting game then.

16 minutes ago, George P said:

I'd love to have Spotify on the Xbox One, since I pay for the service (can't get groove in my country), if they're still locked to PS oh well, just a waiting game then.

I would hope Spotify, outside of their "lack of interest" in making an xbox one app. would move their regular windows app to UWP. since it's far superior to their crappy web wrapper they currently use. And if they do, they get xbox compatibility as part of it. 

5 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I would hope Spotify, outside of their "lack of interest" in making an xbox one app. would move their regular windows app to UWP. since it's far superior to their crappy web wrapper they currently use. And if they do, they get xbox compatibility as part of it. 

I agree, the funny thing is they do have a Windows Mobile app, so why not just do a whole new UWP app for desktop and phone and also Xbox One to?   They could be working on it though?  Only time will tell.

2 hours ago, George P said:

I agree, the funny thing is they do have a Windows Mobile app, so why not just do a whole new UWP app for desktop and phone and also Xbox One to?   They could be working on it though?  Only time will tell.

Didn't MS make the mobile app ? 

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Didn't MS make the mobile app ? 

Not the newest one, I don't think so.  Maybe the older version that was more metro with it's UI, but the newest one should be from Spotify, it shares the same UI as the Android and iOS versions.  

New preview update rolling out....

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160805-1737
Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/8 (1:00 AM GMT 9/8). 

Just more polish and bug fixes to the summer update.

Another OS preview update going out.

OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160812-1642

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic