Slow down time in Windows 7 when turning on HPET in BIOS

Hello!

I have motherboard ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0.

Operating system - Windows 7 x64.

When I turn on parameter HPET in BIOS, the time in Windows begins to lag behind real.
In 1 minute there is a lag for 20 seconds.

And begins a glitches when playing some games.

Is It malfunction of the motherboard?

did you do

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

after setting it in your bios?

Easy solution for this one... Turn if back off bud. My understanding is newer motherboards with Windows 7 and higher SHOULD NOT be using HPET. Anyone with a better understanding of this please chime in.

where did you read that?  I would say its complete opposite, older OSes do not support it while new current ones do.. Windows 7 has support for it, but you have to tell it to use it from my understanding.  XP before sp3 did not support it,

7 minutes ago, BudMan said:

where did you read that?  I would say its complete opposite, older OSes do not support it while new current ones do.. Windows 7 has support for it, but you have to tell it to use it from my understanding.  XP before sp3 did not support it,

It seems articles on it after about 2014/15 are saying to turn it off. Maybe a Windows 10 thing?

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2362109

http://www.mikemartin.co/system_guides/hardware/motherboard/disable_high_precision_event_timer_hpet

http://www.overclock.net/t/1567745/windows-10-disable-hpet-before-install-and-enjoy-low-latencies

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/620702121685121684/

This was the Neowin discussion back in 2012 which is saying what you said that HPET needs to set to be the only timer...

My question to the OP is if you are doing a lot gaming why are you even using Windows 7?

31 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Agreed i see an slight increase when HPET is enabled on my Asus motherboard & windows 10 told to use HPET. used HPET since Win7 release.

41 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

My question to the OP is if you are doing a lot gaming why are you even using Windows 7?

I haven't absolutely understood question.
Why I use Windows 7 and I do not use new OSes?
Because I have more got used to Windows 7

High Precision Event Timer has been around for years and should work with 7 no problem, have you made sure the driver is installed in device manager?

Untitled.jpg

To use or not to use HPET - is other question.
But anyway the system must to work correctly.
Even if there will be no advantage from HPET.

Violation of time shouldn't be. Right?
It means that motherboard is not good?

10 minutes ago, es3000 said:

I haven't absolutely understood question.
Why I use Windows 7 and I do not use new OSes?
Because I have more got used to Windows 7

Well you seem to be concerned about performance and Windows 10 is faster. Windows 7 is a dead end with no DirectX 12 support for gaming. I am sure you can get "used" to Windows 10. LOL

11 hours ago, SIE said:

High Precision Event Timer has been around for years and should work with 7 no problem, have you made sure the driver is installed in device manager?

Yes, The driver installed in device manager.

Driver version: 6.1.7601.17514

Manufacture: Microsoft

Date: 21.06.2006

11 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Windows 7 is a dead end with no DirectX 12 support for gaming. I am sure you can get "used" to Windows 10

of course, it will be necessary to pass to new OS.
only a bit later

11 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Well you seem to be concerned about performance and Windows 10 is faster. Windows 7 is a dead end with no DirectX 12 support for gaming. I am sure you can get "used" to Windows 10. LOL

THIS...

My advice with HPET is to leave it alone.  Newer OSes will use it, older chipsets can be buggy with it, but let the OS deal with it...it's really not worth it.