How to force move file, skip if can't be moved?

One of my HDD's is failing and I have been trying to move files from it to another external HDD. The issue is, I'll select say 50 files, and leave my computer but come back to an error and see either a few files or none were able to be copied over.

I believe there is a command to force move files, and if they can't then it gets skipped. Does anyone know it?

Edit: Found out I can use the rsync command or Carbon Copy Cloner, so I'm trying the program out first.

Edited by Dinggus

Just now, Dinggus said:

Powershell, you mean Terminal?

oh freak...sorry!  I just saw this in the Community Activity and didn't notice it was for Apple...so I responded with the Windows answer.  Sorry!!!

2 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

oh freak...sorry!  I just saw this in the Community Activity and didn't notice it was for Apple...so I responded with the Windows answer.  Sorry!!!

Lol, all good. I was trying the commands in Terminal anyways.

Sorry (not that familiar with Apple)...you may find your answer here...unless someone else gives you a suitable answer.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20100212171620210

Apple has rsync right?  I use it on my FreeNAS (FreeBSD at the core) to mirror my two Volumes.  Basically...what this will do is everything on the source is mirrored onto the destination...anything on the destination that isn't on the source will be deleted.  You shouldn't receive any prompts (I guess...once again I'm not familiar with Apple).

My particular rsync command is.....

rsync -av --delete /mnt/LargeMedia/ /mnt/BackupMedia/

-a archive

-v verbose

--delete - deletes files on the destination that aren't on the source

This line is similar but gives me a log file which I can go back and look at later.

rsync -av --delete --log-file=/mnt/LargeMedia/zLog/transfer.log /mnt/LargeMedia/ /mnt/BackupMedia/  

Full rsync documentation can be found here...

https://www.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync.html

Might be an option.  Sorry again for jumping in here so quick without realizing it was for Apple. :)