Why is azure so horrible? Can't get their node web application tutorial working

So I thought I'd give azure a try, not that I wanted to but to test out a skype bot you pretty much need to use azure because their documentation is so damned awful and incomplete.

So after much faffing about I managed to get an azure account, I'm following the instructions on https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/app-service-web-nodejs-get-started/ to try and push this node application to azure and I've got up to the step 5 where I need to run 'azure site create <name>' (yes <name> is replaced with actual text when I run the command) but it refuses to work giving me the error:

info:    Executing command site create
error:   The server failed to authenticate the request. Verify that the certificate is valid and is associated with this subscription.

I've looked on the net and there's possible solutions for it but they involve using powershell, which I'm not using, I'm just using the node command prompt with the azure node utilities. I've logged in multiple times using 'azure login' and it's been successful, I've tried 'azure account download' but it tells me there's nothing in the classic portal and to instead use the new portal, and the new portal says they no longer support it (great documentation once again microsoft, absolutely top notch...)

And I've also tried 'account cert export' but get:

info:    Executing command account cert export
error:   This subscription does not use a management certificate

I've tried the 'security center' preview on the azure portal and well I expected it so somewhat work but nothing works, none of the options are selectable. Not even sure why it's there if it doesn't work.

So I've literally got no idea how I resolve this issue and just push this to the azure server. I've tried creating a new web application using that absolutely slow and horrid azure web portal which succeeded but apparently there's no way to push to an already existing application using the azure node utilities, not that it matters because I'd still get the certificate error. Any suggestions/ideas?

Solved the issue with absolutely no help from microsoft. Their tools are just plain awful and don't work. So instead you have to create a git repository and add some files from an azure tutorial that states it is only for use with visual studio team projects which is again, complete nonsense. Then with that added you push the git repo (along with the skype node tar.gz file) to the azure web point and it uploads, selects the right node version and starts the application.

I will honestly never be using azure again. I can't comprehend how they've managed to make such a mess with outright wrong documentation and utilities that just do not work to having such a bloated slow interface where half the functionality hasn't been implemented yet. Not to mention that when you go on 'support request' they won't give you support unless you pay them! Why should I pay for your complete incompetence? What a joke! In comparison amazon has a fast, lightweight system that works flawlessly.