Require some assistance from mobile web programmer

Question

flynempire

I have been struggling to figure out a way to get an image fit on one side of the screen to the other and perhaps a knowledgeable programmer could give some advice.

We have this mobile site http://m.kleinerts.com/Shop. 

If you look at it on your phone you will see Sweat & Odor Solutions and below a grey banner that transitions into another picture. There are only two picture total in this and below that are two grey rectangles for Free USA Shipping and Click To Call.

They should be centered perfectly on your phone but what the owners want is for the all 3 of these to reach the edges of both sides of the screen. I have tried all types of .css code with no luck. 

Personally I think it looks fine as is but I can understand having it fit to the edges. I would appreciate any input that can be offered. In Chrome I can inspect while using a emulator and there I tried different markup but nothing so far.

3 answers to this question

DevTech

404 error in desktop Firefox.

Changing window size yields odd non-responsive feel so something is wrong with the basic template.

You haven't mentioned which mobile device you are targeting and if you are packaging it in a wrapper like Apache Cordova etc.

So all I can say is that if it works like crap in a desktop browser, getting mobile working will be just that much harder than it needs to be. Get it smooth on the desk first.

flynempire

Thanks for replying. This site was created in word press and was only done for mobile in mind not desktop. I can see it fine in iphone and Samsung Galaxy, etc,

DevTech
On 6/29/2016 at 4:34 PM, flynempire said:

Thanks for replying. This site was created in word press and was only done for mobile in mind not desktop. I can see it fine in iphone and Samsung Galaxy, etc,

Well I think that is a backwards overly difficult approach but to each his own.

If you start with a responsive template your issue becomes easy to debug on the desktop and if the template is well designed the mobile should just work with very little adjustment. Even if you never deploy the website to a desktop audience, this approach is less work and easier to work with. One of the many reasons everyone has switched to responsive websites in the last few years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Chrome for Android to get a dedicated button to close all tabs at once
      by Jay Bonggolto

The current version of Chrome for Android provides no straightforward way of closing multiple tabs at once. In order to do that, you need to go to the tab page, tap the three-dot menu, and click on the “Close All Tabs” option.

But a recent commit code suggests that Google may be adding a dedicated shortcut button for that functionality to its mobile web browser for Android. That particular button comes in the form of a trash can icon and it will be situated on the left side of the Chrome Duet interface alongside the "new tab" (+) button and the three-dot menu.

For the uninitiated, Duet is the new name for Chrome's browser interface on Android, replacing the former Chrome Duplex name. Google made that change in order to avoid confusion with the Duplex feature of Assistant that's not related in any way to Chrome toolbars.

With the upcoming change, the + button will be placed at the center of the interface and the overflow menu to the rightmost side. It's not immediately clear, though, when this change will become widely available to everyone. But it's expected to arrive soon as part of a future Canary release since the code has already been committed.

Source and image: Chrome Story

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Google Lens goes live for image search on mobile web in the U.S.
      by Jay Bonggolto

Google promised last month that it would roll out Lens to Google Images after announcing the object recognition technology in May of last year. The feature is one of the biggest improvements the Mountain View giant has introduced to its search capabilities, letting you learn more about objects within an image on the web with artificial intelligence.

Today, the feature is officially available for everyone doing an image search on the mobile web in English. While its availability is currently limited in the U.S., Google plans to release the image recognition capability to more countries and in more languages in the future.

As Google explained last year, Lens uses its Knowledge Graph to identify items in a given image and show you a selection of similar photos. This is especially helpful if you are looking for a new sofa, for example, as shown in the GIF to the right. With Lens, you can choose one of the images in the search results and the feature will display relevant photos that may contain links to product pages, for example, so that you can purchase the item you want.

The Lens icon can be found next to the share option underneath an image. Once you tap on it, dots will show up on objects you may want to explore further. After tapping on one of the dots or drawing a portion of the photo containing multiple dots, a Lens panel will start showing related images.

Google promises to display the dots on other types of objects in the coming months including landmarks, animals, and plants.

• By NJ Louch
      I've thrown together a little responsive layout, and wondered if any of the better developers here could take a look, please?  It's not about design, just about "Is it working?  How can it be better?".  It's meant to:

Be centred on wider resolutions
      Navigation take a 2nd line on lower resolutions (<750)
      Navigation become iPhone style on devices
      Sidebar to the right on wider resolutions
      Sidebar below on lower resolutions (<750)
      Sidebar below on devices

http://niklouch.com/

Thanks in advance
    • By adrynalyne
      I thought you guys fixed this??

• By Crackler
      I've looked for and have yet to find an extension for Joomla that is similar to Quirky.com. The idea is for a user to sign up for the site and submit an idea via text/images/video and for that idea to be taken by someone else and to reply with a draft of the idea in a more polished version via sketches, etc.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated!