Bill Callahan Hired At NU

ESPN's John Clayton is reporting former Raiders head coach Bill Callahan has been hired by the University of Nebraska to be the next football coach....

Good Luck NU Fans.... :no:

ESPN's John Clayton is reporting former Raiders head coach Bill Callahan has been hired by the University of Nebraska to be the next football coach....

Good Luck NU Fans.... :no:

Thanks Xeonic, I think we could use some good luck.

I have to be honest, and as I've mentioned on here, I am a die hard Husker fan, and I do feel like NU got a good hire in Bill Callahan. I grew up in Nebraska all my life, and its true that we only have Husker football to follow and root for. Nothing else, sports wise, really matter. This vacant job at NU was huge for the state, everyone was following the progress.

This past season there seemed to be lots of controversy with Callahan and the Raider players. Lots of complaints from the players, and poor performance by the players, which is to an extent a result of coaching issues. I do however, think that Tim Brown and Woodson just wanted to run their mouths. I have nothing against those players, as they are both big time athletes. The team was losing, players were upset about playing time, and I think they just vented....IMHO.

Players weren't complaining last year when the Raiders were on there way to the Super Bowl. In fact, the team was loving Callahan a year ago this time. They were insync, playing extremely well, and were practicing for the Super Bowl.

Beyond that, Callahan has a long history of coaching, which got started in college at several schools including N. Illinois and Wisconsin. He loves coaching kids and helping them develop the skills for the NFL or any other trade they take on.

I must say I was pretty upset at the first time I heard his name mentioned for the job. I was quick to judge, and after hearing reports from friends and colleagues, I have come to realize that this is a steal for the Huskers. I think he will hire some great coaches, maintain the tradition of the Univ, and take the team in a better direction.

For this Husker Fan, I'm very excited about what Bill brings to the table.

This past season there seemed to be lots of controversy with Callahan and the Raider players. Lots of complaints from the players, and poor performance by the players, which is to an extent a result of coaching issues. I do however, think that Tim Brown and Woodson just wanted to run their mouths. I have nothing against those players, as they are both big time athletes. The team was losing, players were upset about playing time, and I think they just vented....IMHO.

I don't think that was due to Callahan, more Gruden. If it was due to Callahan, should have at least done something this year....even Gruden managed to put up 7 wins.

I personally thought Spurrier would have been the choice. Granted Nebraska is not your typical SEC program, but his name alone would have helped w/ funding. I give Callahan one year tops. If Nebraska is going to fire a 9-3 bowl coach, then Callahan is in a world of #@!$.

I give Callahan one year tops. If Nebraska is going to fire a 9-3 bowl coach, then Callahan is in a world of #@!$.

Solich was not fired because he went 9-3. His record in 2003 and his record over his 6 year head coaching term was a very small factor that led to him being fired.