Online Backup Solutions

been using crashplan for awhile now, its really a set it an forget it kind of thing.. Been pretty happy with it..

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Inertia said:

How much cloud stored data per computer do you get with crash plan ?

Thanks

Did you read the provided link.  Unlimited, as in more disk space than your computer has, if you pay for any plan. 

• 3 weeks later...

No there at planet is "Unlimited" there are some limitation may be the Bandwidth, Data transfer ..

I remember after One Drive announce that it offer unlimited disk storage, after some time it canceled this option as early advertise that. 

I can;t trust any company with "unlimited" :/   

1 hour ago, amrgiddens said:

No there at planet is "Unlimited" there are some limitation may be the Bandwidth, Data transfer ..

I remember after One Drive announce that it offer unlimited disk storage, after some time it canceled this option as early advertise that. 

I can;t trust any company with "unlimited" :/   

Thing is Microsoft are idiots, they never really do anything right the first time. Crashplan I'm sure has been like this for ages, but like anything it might change.

Previously I used Onedrive but then after their horrendous customer service switched to DropBox and happy to make the move. And yes in reply to the last question, cloud storage files and folders can be accessed remotely from anywhere and anytime. But you got to remember your sign in credentials. Ease of use is like the biggest advantage of cloud storage because you do not have to carry anything with you like external hard drives or USB sticks. And in case your device is lost, you can always retrieve your data with backup. 

3 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

Previously I used Onedrive but then after their horrendous customer service switched to DropBox and happy to make the move. And yes in reply to the last question, cloud storage files and folders can be accessed remotely from anywhere and anytime. But you got to remember your sign in credentials. Ease of use is like the biggest advantage of cloud storage because you do not have to carry anything with you like external hard drives or USB sticks. And in case your device is lost, you can always retrieve your data with backup. 

Cloud Services that do not have versioning aren't really suitable as a backup by themselves, its fine to store in the cloud service as a backup so long as you have your files somewhere outside of the sync location as well.

otherwise deletion by malware would delete them on the cloud too, or encryption by a crypto virus, or any other reason they become corrupt on your compute the corrupt version will sync and over write the cloud version.

13 hours ago, Inertia said:

Cloud Services that do not have versioning aren't really suitable as a backup by themselves, its fine to store in the cloud service as a backup so long as you have your files somewhere outside of the sync location as well.

otherwise deletion by malware would delete them on the cloud too, or encryption by a crypto virus, or any other reason they become corrupt on your compute the corrupt version will sync and over write the cloud version.

Yes you raised a right point there. One must also keep this in consideration to secure files somewhere else besides the cloud so in that way you have multiple locations, if either one's data is leaked you got your backup safe.