Urgent Firefox Update

Aren't you curious just to see what happens? ;-P
.. Kidding!!!! Don't click that!!!

13 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

If I had no doubts I would not have posted it.

Why would you have doubts? You don't know where to go for the latest Firefox download? Save this for future reference --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

How did you even get to that site/prompt?

12 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

Why would you have doubts? You don't know where to go for the latest Firefox download? Save this for future reference --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

How did you even get to that site/prompt?

I know where to go and get support from Mozilla , they still have not answered me. I found the solution on my own. I posted here as this is supposed to be a help forum and I had it's tab open. It just was just a pop up.

that fact that there is doubt on such notice is why so many freaking people infect themselves..   So some pop up.. with an odd ball url says you need to install a URGENT update and you have questions if it might be legit??

Its great that you brought it to a forum, but you would of thought topic like any one else seeing this BS would of been better, who falls for this nonsense would be the type of posts would like to see more often.  Would show the population is learning, sadly this is not the case..  Why we still see emails about you won the lottery, and all sorts of other spam and scams is that users fall for them so they can make money..

Sometimes I wonder if the movie Idiocracy isn't prophecy ;)

34 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I know where to go and get support from Mozilla , they still have not answered me. I found the solution on my own. I posted here as this is supposed to be a help forum and I had it's tab open. It just was just a pop up.

Wait... What? I didn't say anything about needing to get support from Mozilla but simply going to their download site or maybe just going to About Firefox and seeing if there is an update? The URL itself didn't give it away?

5 minutes ago, BudMan said:

that fact that there is doubt on such notice is why so many freaking people infect themselves..   So some pop up.. with an odd ball url says you need to install a URGENT update and you have questions if it might be legit??

Its great that you brought it to a forum, but you would of thought topic like any one else seeing this BS would of been better, who falls for this nonsense would be the type of posts would like to see more often.  Would show the population is learning, sadly this is not the case..  Why we still see emails about you won the lottery, and all sorts of other spam and scams is that users fall for them so they can make money..

Sometimes I wonder if the movie Idiocracy isn't prophecy ;)

Well I knew from the get go that it was not legit. I at least got another member to join Neowin if nothing else. I am still waiting for a reply from Mozilla which will never come.

1 minute ago, oldtimefighter said:

Wait... What? I didn't say anything about needing to get support from Mozilla but simply going to their download site or maybe just going to About Firefox and seeing if there is an update? The URL itself didn't give it away?

As posted I did that. for Christs sake why does everything have to turn into a debate or argument. No wonder so many have left/:angry:

• Like 2

The purpose of posting something like this is also to inform which I apparently did achieve as a new member signed up but this gets really tiresome..

7 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Well I knew from the get go that it was not legit. I at least got another member to join Neowin if nothing else. I am still waiting for a reply from Mozilla which will never come.

Hmm...

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

https://soodawebrega.org/8501209506107/5c4b57a4a5af6bb429c3c32d00257526.html

Just Wondering if this is legit?? There is No Update when you go to Help:about

fxuu.PNG

5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

As posted I did that. for Christs sake why does everything have to turn into a debate or argument. No wonder so many have left/:angry:

So did you know it wasn't legit or not? You're contradicting yourself. You're likely embarrassed about how the above replies basically challenge how you could have ever thought it may be legitimate. Seriously, chill lol. Use this as an educational opportunity (and hopefully others who may question if its legitimate will come across this thread on a google search on it).

• Like 2

Just now, Zidane said:

Hmm...

So did you know it wasn't legit or not? You're contradicting yourself. You're likely embarrassed about how the above replies basically challenge how you could have ever thought it may be legitimate. Seriously, chill lol. Use this as an educational opportunity (and hopefully others who may question if its legitimate will come across this thread on a google search on it).

Just now, Gary7 said:

The purpose of posting something like this is also to inform which I apparently did achieve as a new member signed up but this gets really tiresome..

You just proved my point. Have to argue///

1 hour ago, GreenInspiration said:

Signed in just to say i also get the same message. 

I have never seen any of these types of messages on any PC of mine-->  "Critical update for this or that", "Your PC has viruses so run our scan", or "You have won a free vacation" Oh yeah... I have been running an ad blocker for over a decade. How is that NOT a standard practice just like running Windows updates?

EDITED

Edited by oldtimefighter

Just now, oldtimefighter said:

I have never gotten those type of messages-->  Critical update for this or that, your PC has viruses so run our scan, you won a free vacation. Oh yeah... I have been running an ad blocker for over a decade. How is that NOT a standard practice?

I originally thought that it may have something to do with Rust which is on the Main Page here. Since I am using Fx 48 and that is the build that they said it would be on I thought well maybe. Then I did see the url . So I am done posting any more on this thread. Firefox is supposed to Block Pop Up'S .The vacation pop ups I have never received.

2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Just Wondering if this is legit?? There is No Update when you go to Help:about

If there is no update there, then you can ignore this "urgent" update, the URL was also a dead giveaway.

That URL + That Message.

Yep, Looks legit :laugh:. Just kidding... not at all. By the way your flash player is out of date. :laugh:

Just now, Circaflex said:

If there is no update there, then you can ignore this "urgent" update.

Yes I know that read the entire thread. I thought at first it may have had something to do with Rust, but when I did what you suggested I thought that it was bogus. I sent a email to Mozilla about it then posted here so that others may know

Just now, warwagon said:

That URL + That Message.

Yep, Looks legit :laugh:. Just kidding... not at all. By the way your flash player is out of date. :laugh:

No it is not.

Just now, Gary7 said:

Yes I know that read the entire thread. I thought at first it may have had something to do with Rust, but when I did what you suggested I thought that it was bogus. I sent a email to Mozilla about it then posted here so that others may know

I am not falling for your usual traps Gary, not sure why you are now so defensive. Your original question was, "Just Wondering if this is legit?? There is No Update when you go to Help:about." You are contradicting yourself and I think it is because you are embarrassed to have asked this question. You original post says nothing about "hey this is a warning guys, I saw this new popup and it is malware, dont run it," instead you literally asked if it was legit. There is no need to be embarrassed, we all have questions, but there is no need to get so defensive and you have a habit of doing it, not just in this thread but literally every thread where someone disagrees or points out something you said. Have a good one.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No it is not.

flash.PNG

Gary, back away from your keyboard.  Go for a walk.  You're swerving and weaving all over the place.   Time for a break, my friend.   :yes:

Just now, Circaflex said:

I am not falling for your usual traps Gary, not sure why you are now so defensive. Your original question was, "Just Wondering if this is legit?? There is No Update when you go to Help:about." You are contradicting yourself and I think it is because you are embarrassed to have asked this question. You original post says nothing about "hey this is a warning guys, I saw this new popup and it is malware, dont run it," instead you literally asked if it was legit. There is no need to be embarrassed, we all have questions, but there is no need to get so defensive and you have a habit of doing it, not just in this thread but literally every thread where someone disagrees or points out something you said. Have a good one.

I know it was not a trap. I sent Mozilla an email which I have yet to hear back from. Why do I get offensive? When everything turns into a debate over a silly issue with Firefox yes I get annoyed. Yes I asked if it was legit due to the fact that I am running Fx 48 and the main page has an article about RUST being in Fx48 so I thought that it could be for that. I scanned the download and it was clean. Now I do not have to explain myself to you or anyone else. At least One new member had the same issue. Without my post we would not have that member.  Please just let it be. I do not care what you think or do. I have now posted my last post for any type of help in this Forum. I will take any issues I do have elsewhere where a question is asked and answered and not debated. Ta Ta