PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection & Sales: August 2016

Full lineup:

Tricky Towers, PS4

Rebel Galaxy, PS4

Yakuza 5, PS3

Retro/Grade, PS3

Patapon 3, PS Vita

Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

UPDATE 17/08/2016 5.39pm:

Sony issued an update explaining that Retro/Grade was never supposed to be part of the promotion this month. Its inclusion was an error, so Sony has removed it and in its place offered Tom Clancy's EndWar for PS3.

As it turns out, Retro/Grade was a repeat offering in Europe, which has never happened before in the PS Plus Instant Game Collection. However, it is a new offering in North America, where it remains part of the August promo.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-27-playstation-plus-august-freebies-unveiled

-----

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection & Sales: July 2016

• DrunknMunky pinned this topic
8 hours ago, compl3x said:

Kind of 'meh' besides Yakuza 5.

One of the worst they've had in a long time IMO. Even worse if like me, you grabbed Yakuza 5 last month when they accidentally made it available via IGC :laugh:

Supposedly Retro/Grade was part of IGC back in 2012 too, so a repeat for some people.

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

One of the worst they've had in a long time IMO. Even worse if like me, you grabbed Yakuza 5 last month when they accidentally made it available via IGC :laugh:

Supposedly Retro/Grade was part of IGC back in 2012 too, so a repeat for some people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: once PS+ became mandatory for MP Sony has lowered the bar for PS+ content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, compl3x said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: once PS+ became mandatory for MP Sony has lowered the bar for PS+ content.

As a loyal fan of PS* for over 20 years, I'd have to agree, they're not what they once were

Giving Rebel Galaxy a shot and it reminds me of Freelancer from 2003. Good so far and the music really fits the game, no sci-fi type music you would expect but real music.

Imagine you are in a space fight and this song is playing.

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic