Portable version of Google Drive?

Question

Is there a portable version of Google Drive App? I have no admin access to my desktop but I will like to sync my Google Drive files to my desktop.

Any free alternative?

4 answers to this question

Create your own portable edition:

1. On a computer you have administrator rights, Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive"
If you don't have a folder named Program Files (x86) then your computer is 32-bit most likely, so go to: "C:\Program Files\Google\Drive" instead
2. You're looking for two files, depending on what bit your computer is (64 or 32), you will see a file named "googledrivesync64.dll" if you have a 64 bit computer, or if you have a 32 bit computer you'll see "googledrivesync32.dll" the other file you need is "googledrivesync.exe".
3. Copy both files into a folder (this folder will be your portable Google Drive folder), then you're done, you have made yourself a Portable Google Drive!
4. However, this portable version doesn't create a unique process, and you cannot create multiple instances of this program like the original one I made. (Basically, you cannot open up the portable version 5 times and expect 5 different Google Drive programs to pop up and work independently of each other.)

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/drive/YtgbsfUtERY

http://reboot.pro/topic/17532-portable-google-drive-run-google-drive-without-admin-permissions/

im not sure if that still works

Create your own portable edition:

1. On a computer you have administrator rights, Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive"
If you don't have a folder named Program Files (x86) then your computer is 32-bit most likely, so go to: "C:\Program Files\Google\Drive" instead
2. You're looking for two files, depending on what bit your computer is (64 or 32), you will see a file named "googledrivesync64.dll" if you have a 64 bit computer, or if you have a 32 bit computer you'll see "googledrivesync32.dll" the other file you need is "googledrivesync.exe".
3. Copy both files into a folder (this folder will be your portable Google Drive folder), then you're done, you have made yourself a Portable Google Drive!
4. However, this portable version doesn't create a unique process, and you cannot create multiple instances of this program like the original one I made. (Basically, you cannot open up the portable version 5 times and expect 5 different Google Drive programs to pop up and work independently of each other.)

Just confirming that this does work in 2020! Copied it from my home PC to the computer I didn't have admin rights to and I was able to get it working perfectly!
My original file was stored in C:\Program Files\Google\Drive.

This saved me a tonne of time and headache! Thanks so much 👍