Which RWN sections do you visit?

Section Poll  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which sections do you visit within the RWN section?

• It's a Conspiracy!
    • Real World Issues
    • Science Discussion & News
    • Domestic Politics
  2. 2. How often do you check these sections?

• Every time I browse Neowin
    • Once in a blue moon
    • Once or twice when I browse Neowin
  3. 3. Do you enjoy these sections?

2 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

RWI is already being protected by "password"

If it is why can I get into it using my wife's PC and she has no account with Neowin?

6 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

But as I posted there are threads in RWN Proper, that is all I was trying to get across. Not a big deal,

Most of the those threads aren't controversial compared to the ones in its subsections.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

If it is why can I get into it using my wife's PC and she has no account with Neowin?

I've no idea, but I assume most folks had unlocked it before and forgot about it.

Just now, Mirumir said:

I've no idea, but I assume most folks had unlocked it before and forgot about it.

At one time many moons ago it was but now quests can even see it. They can't post in it but they can see it.

1 hour ago, LimeMaster said:

That's actually a mistake on my part. If you read the thread title you'll notice it says "Which sections do you visit within the RWN section?". The part you are referencing was typed before I finalized the actual title.

Well, that was just another way of saying the same thing.

1 hour ago, LimeMaster said:

Anyways, basically Real World News isn't on the list because its not one of the subsections.

Yes. That was always clear.

6 minutes ago, Ian W said:

Well, that was just another way of saying the same thing.

Yes. That was always clear.

Well then, I'm glad you understand why RWN wasn't included in the poll.

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

Well then, I'm glad you understand why RWN wasn't included in the poll.

Yes, there was no confusion about that. I understood warwagon's desire for the poll option, that is all.

Just now, Ian W said:

Yes, there was no confusion about that. I understood warwagon's desire for the poll option, that is all.

Ah, I guess he didn't realize the intent of the poll.

2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Ah, I guess he didn't realize the intent of the poll.

I forgot, what was the intent?     :shifty:

8 minutes ago, episode said:

Poll is not valid. There should be a 'None' option for the first question and a 'Never' option for the second.

Because of the multiple choice nature of the poll, it wouldn't have worked very well. 

I also assumed that only those who have visited the sections before would vote in the poll.

6 minutes ago, Raze said:

As a a lime you will fall eventually...

:p

Not when you make suspicious faces at me. :p 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, episode said:

Poll is not valid. There should be a 'None' option for the first question and a 'Never' option for the second.

That wasn't the purpose, the pollster wasn't interested in none or never.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

Because of the multiple choice nature of the poll, it wouldn't have worked very well. 

I also assumed that only those who have visited the sections before would vote in the poll.

Huh? So you think people were going to check both a section and 'none'? 

18 hours ago, Raze said:

That wasn't the purpose, the pollster wasn't interested in none or never.

if you're trying to judge whether or not the sections should be changed/removed, you should probably take into account the people who don't visit them or like them. 

19 hours ago, episode said:

19 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

I think it's valid to add a 4th option for those who don't visit to still give their opinion. I've added some, but feel free to remove them if you feel strongly against their inclusion.

1 hour ago, episode said:

No, but if you ask "None" it shows you clearly don't care about the poll. In which case, you could simply ignore it.

It's not like interest specific polls are new to Neowin. There are some polls here that I would not vote in because I'm not interested in subject of the poll.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I think it's valid to add a 4th option for those who don't visit to still give their opinion. I've added some, but feel free to remove them if you feel strongly against their inclusion.

Why would a staff member interfere in this.  Limemaster created the poll and I believe it is very inappropriate for a member of the Neowin staff to introduce their opinion into it by altering the choices.  If you want a different poll, then create your own.

@LimeMaster  in my opinion this is your poll and I believe you have every right to change it back to your original state.   I can't believe the appearance of this level of arrogance by staff.  This is one of the issues facing Neowin, staff involving their opinions by the use of their ability to change something that has nothing to do with the rules.   Some would say it is an abuse of their authority.   And my opinion is NOT against the rules.   I'm questioning an action that has nothing to do with moderating poor behavior in a thread.  IMO

• Like 2

4 hours ago, episode said:

if you're trying to judge whether or not the sections should be changed/removed, you should probably take into account the people who don't visit them or like them. 

If you don't visit then how can you have a valid opinion of their content and whether you like them or not?  The last section covered whether you liked them or not.  And if your indifferent, who cares.  Once again, it wasn't what he OP was looking for, if you are looking for something else, create your own poll.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, episode said:

If you don't visit those threads, then this poll isn't for you. No vote needed.

That's why LimeMaster doesn't want to add "Never" or "None" to his poll...  

He created the poll for those who visit the threads which the poll is about.

Don't like it? Then create your own poll for your reason which Raze is right about that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Raze said:

Why would a staff member interfere in this.  Limemaster created the poll and I believe it is very inappropriate for a member of the Neowin staff to introduce their opinion into it by altering the choices.  If you want a different poll, then create your own.

@LimeMaster  in my opinion this is your poll and I believe you have every right to change it back to your original state.   I can't believe the appearance of this level of arrogance by staff.  This is one of the issues facing Neowin, staff involving their opinions by the use of their ability to change something that has nothing to do with the rules.   Some would say it is an abuse of their authority.   And my opinion is NOT against the rules.   I'm questioning an action that has nothing to do with moderating poor behavior in a thread.  IMO

I would if I could. However, due to the limited editing time, I can't.

It seems that I didn't make the poll intent clear to some.

48 minutes ago, Raze said:

:huh: Calm down. Another member suggested them and they are valid options. I'm not forcing opinions on anyone and neither I or any of the other staff are affected by the outcome either way. It's not in my interest to force an opinion. If Limemaster wants to remove them then I believe he can edit the poll at any time. If not, then I'll happily remove the options. I was adding them to be helpful as I'm not aware how long he can edit the poll, not to force opinions.

9 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

I was pretty sure there was a time out, which like I say, is why I added them. But as you don't want the options, consider them gone :)

13 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

You're intent was very clear I believe.   It's a shame is what changed without your consent.   The interference was inappropriate and uncalled for.

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:huh: Calm down. Another member suggested them and they are valid options. I'm not forcing opinions on anyone and neither I or any of the other staff are affected by the outcome either way. It's not in my interest to force an opinion. If Limemaster wants to remove them then I believe he can edit the poll at any time.

:) I am calm, I'm voicing my opinion about something that was done and was not the intent of the OP.  Why would a staff member use their abilities (as a staff member) to change something not of their creation and that did not violate any rules. If another member suggested it, it certainly doesn't mean you should alter anything and the OP is the one to decide what is valid, not you. It's an overreach.   IMO

edit -  Thank you, @Andrew

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raze said:

You're intent was very clear I believe.   It's a shame is what changed without your consent.   The interference was inappropriate and uncalled for.

:) I am calm, I'm voicing my opinion about something that was done and was not the intent of the OP.  Why would a staff member use their abilities (as a staff member) to change something not of their creation and that did not violate any rules. If another member suggested it, it certainly doesn't mean you should alter anything and the OP is the one to decide what is valid, not you. It an overreach.   IMO

We can continue this in a PM if you wish, or take it up with a Super / Admin.

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I was pretty sure there was a time out, which like I say, is why I added them. But as you don't want the options, consider them gone :)

Alright, thanks!