Grammarly Chrome Plugin

No idea how I found this but I came across a neat little plugin for Chrome, (sadly it doesn't look like it supports any other Browsers atm) that helps to keep your spelling and grammar on track. I know it shouldn't be too hard but if you're like me and you type quickly and was never someone to pay attention at school my spelling/grammar is terrible. I try to correct where possible but I often miss little things.

I've only just started to use it but it's picked up on a few things, so so far so good :)

A little Promo video below 

35 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Installed it in chrome ... I'm just wondering,  is it sending everything I type back to their servers?

Yes, it does.

When you use our Products, User Content you transmit will be stored on our servers, which are located in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and sync with our servers.

Please be aware that Personal Information and User Content submitted to Grammarly will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you post or transfer any information to or through our Products, you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.

Data privacy laws or regulations in your home country may differ from those in the United States, but Grammarly complies with applicable law regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information collected from all our users.

Source - https://www.grammarly.com/privacy-policy

I know about it since long but I noticed that it makes Firefox contenteditable properties regress, I tested it on richtext2 of browserscope.org and Firefox performed horrible with Grammarly installed. Since then not using it.

On 9/1/2016 at 0:53 PM, warwagon said:

Installed it in chrome ... I'm just wondering,  is it sending everything I type back to their servers?

Zlip gave you the "correct" answer, the  right answer is DUH of course it is!!! 

On 01/09/2016 at 5:53 PM, warwagon said:

Again you've already had it answered but yes it is. I got an email just yesterday telling me "statistics" like how many words were written, how many corrections were made and how many unique words I used in my vocabulary.

1 hour ago, Skiver said:

Again you've already had it answered but yes it is. I got an email just yesterday telling me "statistics" like how many words were written, how many corrections were made and how many unique words I used in my vocabulary.

I'm assuming it doesn't grammar check password fields. *Wink* *Wink*

3 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I'm assuming it doesn't grammar check password fields. *Wink* *Wink*

I guess you'll never really know without doing any true digging into it, but on the face of it no it doesn't appear to. There is a little green Icon in this text box as I type that every so often will spin and check - I don't get that in user/pass fields.