Weird message when running anything from CMD prompt - W10 1607

Getting this weird error in bold when running any type of cmd prompt application, WIN32 apps work fine and launch with no error. And the cmd prompt app works fine, just shows that error prior.

Doesn't matter if it's a regular cmd prompt or elevated. Could be related to the latest version of OfficeScan

Anyone else able to reproduce or have any ideas?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 172.16.50.254
[0x7FFE573C70E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)

Pinging 172.16.50.254 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.16.50.254: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism
[0x7FFE573C70E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.14393.0

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

But you are getting that error no matter what you input right?

The error is, [0x7FFE573C70E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64), no matter the usage in CMD. The request timing out has nothing to do with his error, you got that error because like OP mentioned the address isnt routeable via public internet. 

If I understand correctly, the message shows up but the task in CMD completes just fine? Have you tried running sfc /scannow to see if there are integrity problems? Might need to rebuild the image health and restore via dism

Just now, Circaflex said:

The error is, [0x7FFE573C70E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64), no matter the usage in CMD. The request timing out has nothing to do with his error, you got that error because like OP mentioned the address isnt routeable via public internet. 

If I understand correctly, the message shows up but the task in CMD completes just fine? Have you tried running sfc /scannow to see if there are integrity problems? Might need to rebuild the image health and restore via dism

Exactly, and yes SFC/DISM shows clean. I think I have narrowed it down to TrendMicro OfficeScan. If I open a CMD prompt and type ping, I get it, if I unload OfficeScan, type ping again in the same prompt, it doesn't do it. 

I just pushed out a new update to TrendMicro Office Scan that fixes Firewall/Antivirus Status reporting in W10 Redstone, so this must be causing it.  Hopefully this will help others when they start Googling it. And I guess we will wait for TrendMicro to issue a fix/update.

Just now, xendrome said:

Exactly, and yes SFC/DISM shows clean. I think I have narrowed it down to TrendMicro OfficeScan. If I open a CMD prompt and type ping, I get it, if I unload OfficeScan, type ping again in the same prompt, it doesn't do it. 

I just pushed out a new update to TrendMicro Office Scan that fixes Firewall/Antivirus Status reporting in W10 Redstone, so this must be causing it.  Hopefully this will help others when they start Googling it. And I guess we will wait for TrendMicro to issue a fix/update.

Good to know, I will keep an eye on my corporate laptop as we also run trendmicro office scan.

I'm assuming you've installed something and a non-Microsoft component has extended itself into the cmd prompt environment with the REXX interpreter.  What could it be ... dunno.  Third party Anti virus maybe?  Graphics driver?

Did you install anything prior to receiving the error?

13 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Good to know, I will keep an eye on my corporate laptop as we also run trendmicro office scan.

Yeah this is the update here - http://downloadcenter.trendmicro.com/index.php?clk=tbl&clkval=4554&regs=NABU&lang_loc=1 under the product patch and titled "osce-11-sp1-5010-6125-win-all-criticalpatch.exe
Supports Windows 10 Red Stone 1" released 8-29-2016

It def wasn't doing it prior to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same error after installing the 6125 update for Trend Micro Officescan on Windows 10 1607. I wonder if maybe Trend Micro developers have not heard of Microsoft's Insider program?

On 9/15/2016 at 6:56 AM, nannolo75 said:

I fix my officescan server whit this fix (osce-11-sp1-5010-6125-win-all-criticalpatch.exe) but doesn't resolve the problem.

That is exactly what causes the problem.