help finding a new tablet

me and my mom both currently have ipad 3s. but with the recent update to ios 10, i was told by a friend that eventually i wont be able to use the apps anymore since gen 3 lost support. something about they will keep updating apps for the new ios and since i cant download it, eventually i wont be able to play the apps and games.

so i am looking for a new tablet for the both of us. we just got these about 2 years ago, maybe less. i was wanting something thats not apple, so android but something that will last a while before getting to the point where its like, u have to download the newest software or whatever to use this app. i hope this makes sense.

well, my mom loves playing games a good bit. hay day, farmville tropic escape, some other farming type games, thsoe are the type of games she loves to play. so something that wouldnt be too slow for her gaming,

me, i like playing some games, but not too much. i like watching my tv shows i recorded on dvr, movies, youtube, tumblr, facebook, internet browsing, those type things, im not a huge gamer, which got me thinking maybe a 2 in 1 laptop tablet thing would be better, but still not sure which one.

if i could get help on which tablet would be better for us, that would be great!