Sent an unhappy e-mail to Amazon

13 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

why is all this ###### talking being allowed, and why is a global mod a major participant

There's nothing wrong with a civil discussion and if someone is posting false information and gets called out for it then why should that make a difference who does it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xendrome said:

There's nothing wrong with a civil discussion and if someone is posting false information and gets called out for it then why should that make a difference who does it?

Because as a staff member you should act like one. I can ignore other members , that constantly argue , but not a GB. I do not however have to reply. Consider this my last reply to you/

18 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Thanks for point that out. BTW I am done with this topic, you seem to just like to argue.

This is what you always say when someone calls out the FUD you spread. When you're woefully unequipped with actual, correct knowledge on the discussion your participating in, be prepared to get **** on.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Because as a staff member you should act like one. I can ignore other members , that constantly argue , but not a GB. I do not however have to reply. Consider this my last reply to you/

So I should ignore false info and just let you post stuff like

NewEgg started out as a software/game store in malls.

which isn't true. That seems fair.

5 minutes ago, xendrome said:

The discussion was far beyond civil. and you while he may have posted false information to some degree, you where being rude and acting like an a-hole. as a mod, and especially a global mod, you should set a good example for discussions and the forum. I wouldn't say that behavior is suitable for a representative of the site. 

Just now, xendrome said:

you can call out false information without the "better" than thou attitude and hidden insults. 

2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

The discussion was far beyond civil. and you while he may have posted false information to some degree, you where being rude and acting like an a-hole. as a mod, and especially a global mod, you should set a good example for discussions and the forum. I wouldn't say that behavior is suitable for a representative of the site. 

you can call out false information without the "better" than thou attitude and hidden insults. 

Perhaps mods are tired of the nonsense? And dealing with the constant derails a particular individual constantly creates? 

And please, there was nothing uncivil about xenodromes replies, and this coming from someone who's been a critic of staff here for quite a while.

26 minutes ago, xendrome said:

And yet again you are totally incorrect. You are probably thinking of Egghead Software, which is not related to Newegg at all.

2 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Instead of that aggressive post above with insults between the lines. you could have acted grown up and said for example

Actually, I believe you are mistaking them for Egghead software, NewEgg was inf act started as an online computer parts retailer and never had a physical store or mall presence before that".

It corrects him, and it's polite and not aggressive. 

"you where being rude and acting like an a-hole"

Dude where??  This statement is the most direct statement made by xendrome

"Umm no they don't. Please stop invading threads and posting false information constantly."

Think something is getting lost in translation if you think any of his posts are not civil..

• Like 2

Just now, HawkMan said:

Instead of that aggressive post above with insults between the lines. you could have acted grown up and said for example

It corrects him, and it's polite and not aggressive. 

Grow a backbone, there's nothing wrong with those replies.

2 minutes ago, shockz said:

Perhaps mods are tired of the nonsense? And dealing with the constant derails a particular individual constantly creates? 

And please, there was nothing uncivil about xenodromes replies, and this coming from someone who's been a critic of staff here for quite a while.

As a mod, you you can be tired of the nonsense, but you can't act like you're tired of it outside of the staff forums. 

it's like calling customer support for a company, you bet they're tired of the nonsense, they can't act like that though. 

2 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

As a mod, you you can be tired of the nonsense, but you can't act like you're tired of it outside of the staff forums. 

it's like calling customer support for a company, you bet they're tired of the nonsense, they can't act like that though. 

Glad someone other than regular members is taking a stern treatment (while remaining civil) for this particular individual, who constantly spews crap. It's about time, especially considering that even after correcting him, it doesn't stop.

• Like 2

Just now, shockz said:

Grow a backbone, there's nothing wrong with those replies.

They are extremely borderline, and written specifically to be as insulting as they can be, while stay staying within the rules. a user could easily be given a warning or at the very least had his posts removed for such posts for baiting or trolling. 

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

They are extremely borderline, and written specifically to be as insulting as they can be, while stay staying within the rules. a user could easily be given a warning or at the very least had his posts removed for such posts for baiting or trolling. 

No, they're really not. A regular member wouldn't even have had this "behavior" evaluated. 

1 minute ago, shockz said:

No, they're really not. A regular member wouldn't even have had this "behavior" evaluated. 

They would and they have had, and again, he's a mod and a representative of the site and is held to a higher standard and should set a good example. this is anything but. 

either way this is not a constructive part of the discussion, I've said what I needed, and this discussion need to get back on topic, preferably without calling people liars and baiting. 

21 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I've never directed such a post at a Neowin Moderator, in my almost 14 years of being members. These are the types of comments, which get posts deleted or threads, cleaned / closed... Geesh  :|

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I've never directed such a post at a Neowin Moderator, in my almost 14 years of being members. These are the types of comments, which get posts deleted or threads, cleaned / closed... Geesh  :|

Well you probably have never been called a liar by said GB. I have and there are many posts that should have been deleted most of them by  Xendrone. You also would have never posted what he did.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Well you probably have never been called a liar by said GB. I have and there are many posts that should have been deleted most of them by  Xendrone.

Well, to be fair, in this instance, you were pushing some incorrect information as fact.  :shifty:

7 minutes ago, BudMan said:

So xendromes is direct and to the point.  Shows as neutral, same as yours

seemsametome.jpg

What program/website is that from? :) 

Just now, warwagon said:

Well, to be fair in this instance, you were pushing some incorrect information as fact.  :shifty:

So I made a mistake, I am not perfect. No reason to have a staff member act like that. Not everyone is perfect, humans ,make mistakes. A staff member should act responsibly and with dignity as they represent Neowin.