Sent an unhappy e-mail to Amazon

5 minutes ago, xendrome said:

This is my experience, not opinion, I've spent over $200K with them across both a personal and business account since 2001 when I started using them.

I am glad that it has been all good for you, but not always for others.

Years ago I ordered a Nikon camera -- over 2 months went by before I received it.

Musta been imported from Hong Kong on a slow boat.

I ordered a kitchen gadget -- only an empty cardboard piece of packaging arrived.

UPS came and picked it up, and I did get a refund.

Something I've noticed over the years is, after I just look at an item, usually computer parts, the price suddenly goes up, the next time I go back to it.  Literally, minutes later, sometimes. Coincidence ?

I have had several times where I carefully chose Eligible for FREE shipping, items, then was charged with high shipping costs.

Sometimes the shipping charges are about the same as the item I want to order.

I do like Amazon, but they need improvement.

1 minute ago, jjkusaf said:

Over the period of 155 days ... or 6.6 "discussions"/"complaints" per day.

It may have even been 6.67 per day. I use PayPal credit with no interest as long as you keep paying on it, Amazon forces you to use their card or the Chase card.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

It may have even been 6.67 per day. I use PayPal credit with no interest as long as you keep paying on it, Amazon forces you to use their card or the Chase card.

Umm no they don't. Please stop invading threads and posting false information constantly.

4 minutes ago, xendrome said:

False. Stop spreading FUD.

You can use any credit card, if you want free shipping you have to use Prime. That is not FUD, That is a fact. They do not accept PayPal.

7 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You can use any credit card, if you want free shipping you have to use Prime. That is not FUD, That is a fact. They do not accept PayPal.

So, how is it that I've never paid for shipping and I do not have Prime?  

It's simple (for non-Prime members)...select "free shipping" eligible items ... and the order has to be over $49 (or $25 for books).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

So, how is it that I've never paid for shipping and I do not have Prime?  

It's simple (for non-Prime members)...select "free shipping" eligible items ... and the order has to be over $49 (or $25 for books).

Yes as you posted for eligible items and over $49.00 , I get my books at the library. I had a Prime card and it is not easy to get rid of. Hum had a problem and he posted about it. I hope his problem is solved.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

I don't deal with them anymore. Too much BS.

Really?  What are you referring to?  I've been using Amazon for years, and never had a single problem.  Please describe four situations of "BS" that you've had.  I just can't comprehend it.  Unless you're purchasing things from other vendors who sell on their site.

40 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I would rather not deal with a company that sells anything from soup to nuts.

So where do you buy your parts from?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Well I suppose you can send them a check. I had to sign up for the Amazon card.

You didn't have to.  But you chose to.  You seem to have some sort of persecution complex.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

No they don't - I have my Discover card on file with them, and usually use that (especially when Discover is offering 5% cash back on Amazon purchases).  My Amazon card is rarely used - usually only when my wife is buying eBooks.  Please list some of your "BS" that you've encountered from them that is real.  Plus, their card is also 0% interest as long as you keep paying on it.

• Like 1

Just now, xendrome said:

Not sure what your point is, Amazon never was/is a computer hardware only company.

Exactly, and now Newegg a once computer hardware only company is selling dog food!

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Not sure what your point is, Amazon never was/is a computer hardware only company.

Never said it was. NewEgg started out as a software/game store in malls.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Never said it was. NewEgg started out as a software/game store in malls.

And yet again you are totally incorrect. You are probably thinking of Egghead Software, which is not related to Newegg at all.

• Like 2

Just now, xendrome said:

And yet again you are totally incorrect. You are probably thinking of Egghead Software, which is not related to Newegg at all.

Thanks for point that out. BTW I am done with this topic, you seem to just like to argue.

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

why is all this ###### talking being allowed, and why is a global mod a major participant

Well, I'm quite enjoying this entire thread and all of it's discussion.

• Like 1