Forza Horizon 3 PC - Wow

Forza Horizon 3 on PC is stunning. @ 1440p with DSR it's stunning+ with a GTX 1070 @ 70fps. Definitely worth checking out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Been thinking about it. What controller do you use on PC?

XBox One S Wireless Controller via Bluetooth. No lag whatsoever. If you have an X1S you can use that controller. I bought an extra one for the PC. No more dongle, but if you don't have Bluetooth on the PC, you will need the adapter.

2 hours ago, MorganX said:

XBox One S Wireless Controller via Bluetooth. No lag whatsoever. If you have an X1S you can use that controller. I bought an extra one for the PC. No more dongle, but if you don't have Bluetooth on the PC, you will need the adapter.

I like my regular XB1 controllers, can I use one of them or do I need to buy something for PC?

10 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I like my regular XB1 controllers, can I use one of them or do I need to buy something for PC?

If you have the regular XB1 controllers you can simply use a USB cable to connect it to the PC. If you want to use them wirelessly, however, you'll need the adaptor.

15 minutes ago, NeoTrunks said:

If you have the regular XB1 controllers you can simply use a USB cable to connect it to the PC. If you want to use them wirelessly, however, you'll need the adaptor.

Even though I have bluetooth?

29 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Wired XB1 controllers connect via USB, and are supported by Windows 10 directly - so why wouldn't they work?

If you have BT, as long as they are detected, they should also work. (Straightforward pairing issue.)

10 minutes ago, patseguin said:

Even though I have bluetooth?

Only the newer XB1 S controllers have Bluetooth. For standard X1 controllers, you can use via USB or buy the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to use wirelessly.

I wonder how the game would run in 4K on my system with 1070. Doom and other games seem fine.

Really wish they'd put out a demo of this. From what I can tell it won't run all that well on a 970 and I'm not spending $100 NZD to put that to the test.

Considering I have PC with xbox controller, this is another reason I only see value in PS (and not so much, as to purchase one for more then a return within a month)

I am seriously looking forward as to enjoy this game on PC.  with Xbox controller..     If most xbox exclusive keep it up, i will be HAPPY

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I wonder how the game would run in 4K on my system with 1070. Doom and other games seem fine.

I think it will be fine. I'm doing 4k DSR on a 32" 1440p screen and I'm getting a pretty solid 40fps. Has never dipped below 39, peaks at 42. That's with a 1070, 32GB Ram, 5820k. You should be able to get 30 depending on your CPU, the 1070 can do its part. 4k downscaled to 1440p looks unbelievably good. Gonna go check out Xbox One w HDR. Sure to be somewhat of a letdown but with HDR things may look more natural.

Edit: on ULTRA settings.

26 minutes ago, virtorio said:

Really wish they'd put out a demo of this. From what I can tell it won't run all that well on a 970 and I'm not spending $100 NZD to put that to the test.

I think it will run fine, especially at 1080p. I had a 970 (I never overclock video, mini ITX) before going 1070 and it played everything on Max/Ultra @ 1080p without breaking a sweat.

Downloaded the game last night. You weren't wrong, it looks amazing! Makes me never want to use my XB1 again. Playing at ultra in 4K on my LG 27" and it looks stunning. Framerate seems smooth as butter too. I have one of my XB1 controllers plugged in right now. Did you say that there's an adapter that lets me use it wirelessly on PC? Or am I just better off getting a controller for the PC?

I'm running it at 4k with a 1070. Did have to turn msaa off though.

Loving this more than FH2.

Have started a Neowin club. Search on tag N30 (Three zero). Other permutations' already taken. Happy to hand over club to anyone keen to do any organising.

I've been keeping an eye on this for a long time now. I'm constantly looking for a Gran Turismo style racer for PC but there just isn't anything close imo. I'll no doubt be picking this up, the art looks stunning!.

Been having a blast with this game. I bought the wireless Xbox One controller and run it at 4K and it's amazing. Almost like I am out for real in one of those cars. Very, very fun. It's incredible seeing rainbows, splashing through water on the beach, etc. So much realism.

Is this game hardcore sim? While I like realism, I get tired of having to think so much while playing sim heavy racing games. Basically, I can't enjoy the game for the game.

3 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

Is this game hardcore sim? While I like realism, I get tired of having to think so much while playing sim heavy racing games. Basically, I can't enjoy the game for the game.

No it isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:32 PM, MorganX said:

Forza Horizon 3 on PC is stunning. @ 1440p with DSR it's stunning+ with a GTX 1070 @ 70fps. Definitely worth checking out.

Morgan, I had to come back and find this thread. I've been having game issue recently. When I try to play FH3 lately, it just gets past the credits then exits to desktop. Have you had any issues playing the game recently?

3 hours ago, patseguin said:

Morgan, I had to come back and find this thread. I've been having game issue recently. When I try to play FH3 lately, it just gets past the credits then exits to desktop. Have you had any issues playing the game recently?

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I have not had any issues. Haven't played in a week and just fired it up with no problems. However, Store apps in general have been flaky in that way since the anniversary update for me. Rise of the Tomb Raider almost always quits when first launched, then a second launch runs fine. Other like the wifi app, and other small apps won't install updates. They download and try to install and error. 

I find that uninstalling and re-installing the app usually fixes it. The anniversary update also broke using a PIN for me, it worked but wouldn't work for store purchases so I removed it and can't add it back. A quick google shows Anniversary update broke PINs for many in different ways. Authenticating games to Xbox Live, corrupt store data, wsreset doesn't do anything.  There's still lots of bugginess with the Modern APIs/UI and UWP.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2016 at 6:42 PM, virtorio said:

Desist thy stalling - the demo of FH3 (for PC) is out now.  Rather amusingly, unlike F6 Apex, it's NOT hardware-locked (despite that DX12 is a requirement; the GPU floor is either AMD R7 or nV GTX750Ti  - a lower floor than F6 Apex, oddly enough).  I'm not expecting  the Intel HD4400 to cut the ketchup there, either (it doesn't for F6 Apex).

• 8 months later...

FOLLOWUP - while the GTX1050Ti DOES cut the ketchup, the way the Store does not upgrade your specs on the fly when you upgrade hardware (such as graphics cards) - it's the same with all Store games (and is the sole ding I have with the Store)  -could THIS be why the Store is getting a crapton of grief? (I am being sarcastic - however, the point is valid - GPU upgrades are up - and especially since the trade press (such as PC World and PCperspective's YouTube channels have shown  what can be done with simply a GPU swap. (PCperspective's video involving low-end OEM PCs is still valid today; simply substitute the GTX1050Ti for the GTX750 they used.  Not only NOT kidding, but FAR from kidding.).