What can fix a motherboard? and What worth repairing?

What can fix a motherboard? and What worth repairing?

1 worth repairing electronics? That are being disposable?
From what I saw, manufacturers only provide information to authorized electrical diagrams assists and not for any technician of electronics. What does the manager not knowing exactly what this piece and which put replacement. It may happen many mistakes.

2 which can correct a motherboard? or and what was already and over.
Usually you can fix? Which components?
And when you have a component that can not be repaired, there are cases in which recovery is difficult muti, or no spare parts or impossible places to fix.

3 What kind used plates save for reuse of components?
For example, motherboard is always good store, but what other cards are practically disposable and see no need to save. As pci cards, memory burned, burned cpu, etc.
motherboard repair is good, but not good fix a card pci.

I think older graphics cards are worth repairing, by reballing or changing the memory chips, not really for the sake of the device, but if you are a repair shop it's a cheap way to hone your skills, otherwise the margins are too thin for the resale of this type of repaired products. However litography has shrunk and there is a cut-off generation of products that are way too difficult to fix. CPU/PSU fans/coolers and other such components are always a reusable type of thing.

my question is quite wide, are 3 questions within one.

I need experiences of people who tried to repair any piece of electronic informatics. is it worth the repair, was found easy replacement of components.
I need to answer people who have been through some experience in motherboard repair for example.

someone has tried to fix something related to informatics? what problems and difficulties we saw in repairing a piece of PC hardware?

Replacing whole motherboards, video cards, sound cards, ethernet, usb cards -- yes, it can be worthwhile.

Getting in to the diagnosis on bad capacitors, resistors, IC chips --- not usually worth the effort.

I don't care to fool with ocilliscopes and soldering.

Parts containing gold can be recycled.

I repair motherboards for a living, it's cheaper for the customer if you can repair to board level if you have the skills. There really is no limit to what you can repair on a circuit board, you're only limited by your own skillset. The equipment can be expensive, but it pays for itself in the long term. It's the learning part that takes time. Learning about such stuff as semiconductors, bridge rectifiers, voltage regulators, and switchmode supplies are all things you need to learn where motherboards and computers are concerned.

I take great pride in knowing that I'm a repair shop with a difference, I actually repair rather than replace components in computers and all the devices I repair, while other shops just chuck boards out and whack new ones in, but that's easy peasy child stuff, it makes me kinda smug :) You learn by doing, so if you're looking to get started, I recommend good books, and some junk boards. Jestine Yong writes some really good books, I recommend checking him out, he's very plain english and doesn't baffle you. The first thing you need to do, is start learning soldering, without soldering you can't do surface mount repair, never mind pass through soldering. Pass through soldering is where legs of components pass through the board and are soldered on the underside, whereas obviously as the name suggests surface mount is soldered on the component side.

As for knowing all about semiconductors and all that, stuff like this takes years to learn, even I'm still learning as technology improves, and I've been doing this since I was a kid, cassette players and AM radios and huge brick phones with tons of wiring inside them were all the rage!

1 hour ago, Hum said:

Replacing whole motherboards, video cards, sound cards, ethernet, usb cards -- yes, it can be worthwhile.

Getting in to the diagnosis on bad capacitors, resistors, IC chips --- not usually worth the effort.

I don't care to fool with ocilliscopes and soldering.

Replacing is the easy bit, is laziness, and can be more costly to the consumer. Just because you don't "fool" with the stuff, doesn't mean it can't be done without a bit of dedication, your post just sounds like, "I can't be arsed, so why should anyone else?"

It's very rewarding. Obtaining schematics for motherboards and other PC boards is often the biggest issue, as two motherboards with identical chipsets and components can often be wired differently, or have differing companion circuitry. If you've got the drive, passion and determination, learn, learn, learn. You won't become a master overnight, but once you know electronics there's no limit to what you can fix. I started out fixing computers, now I fix all manner of consumer electronics, from your TV to your washing machine, even vehicle ECU's :)

2 minutes ago, Hum said:

Good for your skills and business.

But the average person is not going to want to try and repair motherboard parts.

True, but there's no harm in encouraging someone who does. Where would sport be, for example, these days if everyone said, "Your average person doesn't play sport!!" Don't "assume" everyone is average. People taking interest is what grows something. Most highly skilled people started off as "average" people sometime early in their life. Bill Gates would be a prime example. He got interested in something and made something big out of it.

I do not for one person to know everything.
It does not give to me and many other people who use pc, learn electronics background.
many only know how to use a program on the PC to work. people focus only on their profession.
if I think about learning a lot of electronics, I have to work with it. and not programs, programming and parts of PC software.

I think if I or someone want to study the electronic background, will have to work only with electronic repairs and not to work with computers.
but work just fixing all kinds of electronics and appliances.

I and many others, can only focus on one thing in their profession work. make money in any kind of work.

stopped reading at: "I need experiences of people who tried to repair any piece of electronic informatics". Informatics? Even spell check knows that's not a proper term. (I majored in computer and electronic repair.....yes, it's more times worth it to fix a 20 cent capacitor, than go out and buy a 200 dollar motherboard. YMMV.) Informatics.....thank you, I needed a laugh today! XD

12 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

stopped reading at: "I need experiences of people who tried to repair any piece of electronic informatics". Informatics? Even spell check knows that's not a proper term. (I majored in computer and electronic repair.....yes, it's more times worth it to fix a 20 cent capacitor, than go out and buy a 200 dollar motherboard. YMMV.) Informatics.....thank you, I needed a laugh today! XD

just I want to have a same basic concept, I want to at least replace capacitors, and those easiest parts to fix.
I do not want to go as deep into the electronics.

I and many other people, it's not your area is not a sand and beach, being a technician of electronics!
but at least get a sense of what it is, to know a little of everything.

25 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

Sorry, informatics is a real word whether your spell check flags it or not. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatics