Windows 10 File Sharing Issues

I recently upgraded my WHS2011 to a fresh install Windows 10 Pro. I am also using DrivePool. My wife, 2 kids, and I are using MicrosoftAccounts. I have one local account for emby streaming to kodi.

I have tried to set things up similarly to how WHS did, or at least I think.

Under Documents:

Share... I have each user name with read/write and SYSTEM as owner.

Advanced Sharing... Administrators have full control, change, and read; Users have read

Security SYSTEM and a couple of built-ins have full control, there are 3 accounts that are S-1-5...1002, 1003, and 1004 (I am guessing microsoft accounts that never logged in?) have read, execute, and list, administrators have full control, users have all except full control.

I have no problem accessing shares on another computer, and I can use the local account credentials with no issues. But if I try to use my wife's or children's MicrosoftAccounts to connect to a network share, it says user name or password is incorrect. I have tried this many, many times. I know I am typing the password correctly.

Any help? The only way I can successfully share is homegroup, which I would rather avoid.

EDIT: Looking in HKEY_USERS I see S-1-5...1001 is my Microsoft account. I do not see entries for 1002, 1003, or 1004. I cannot RDP with their accounts either. Perhaps a local login is required to "initialize" the user accounts? The local account perhaps didn't need it?

Edited by VanillaXtract

Yes.  I have edited my first post with additional information I gathered. Since I am using this machine as a server, should I only use local accounts? 

On 10/1/2016 at 2:39 PM, VanillaXtract said:

But if I try to use my wife's or children's MicrosoftAccounts to connect to a network share, it says user name or password is incorrect. I have tried this many, many times. I know I am typing the password correctly.

Ok I am a bit confused on what your wanting to do exactly.

So the machine your access this windows 10 box from.  What OS is it running, and what account is logged in with?

Is it logged in with one of those MS accounts, or is logged in with a local account or a different MS account - are you trying to auth to this win 10 machine with a different account then you have already created a session with?  Ie if your logged into the machine with a local account, and accessed something on windows 10 box - you can not then try and access something else that your account does not have permission to and just give another account.  You would have to clear the sessions between the machines before you could auth with a different account be it local or shared or whatever.