Corsair's "Mag Lev" Fans

5 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I don't think anyone disagrees with that statement.  What I was saying is that the value of the item is grossly inflated, so unless you're a HUGE Corsair fan there are better options.

My current case has five fans, mix of 120s and 140s...would definitely not have gotten these when my $8 ones were fantastic and that extra could've gone to a better vidcard or something useful like that.

Hey - everything is relative, its all good.

33 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Hey - everything is relative, its all good.

I'm about to build a new comp near the end of the year or so...was good to look it all up, thanks for the discussion. =)

I'd forgotten how hard it was to find a decent comparison anymore o.o

Edited by LostCat

38 minutes ago, LostCat said:

I'm about to build a new comp near the end of the year or so...was good to look it all up, thanks for the discussion. =)

I'd forgotten how hard it was to find a decent comparison anymore o.o

This is all you need to get started, then source it between local stores & online (if you live near Fry's - they match Amazon & newegg prices) - if you live in US.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

I use it when planning a build for someone, then once I have all the parts - I'll get them through the normal channels - but its a very handy site.

Only thing I would say where you ignore public reviews is when picking a monitor.  Rely strictly on your own observation, and tech sites - most people dont know what a good monitor is.

54 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

This is all you need to get started, then source it between local stores & online (if you live near Fry's - they match Amazon & newegg prices) - if you live in US.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

I use it when planning a build for someone, then once I have all the parts - I'll get them through the normal channels - but its a very handy site.

Only thing I would say where you ignore public reviews is when picking a monitor.  Rely strictly on your own observation, and tech sites - most people dont know what a good monitor is.

I'll just be getting case+mobo at the end of the year and RAM next, the procs don't even release til February so I have some leeway, and the 290 can migrate to the new build.  My last build wasn't the greatest so even with the same vidcard I should be seeing a marked improvement.

New monitor will have to wait til I've scoped out the market on HDR monitors+vidcards after win10 adds support for that sort of thing.

I just did a build in December.  So its not time yet.

But I am looking to get something better for a monitor.
I am going to be working from home more, and have (1) Asus PB278 - its a nice 27" IPS 2560x1440 @ 72Hz-

I thought about getting another, but that takes up a lot of desk real estate.  So I think it will be a 32" 4K.

With my Dell employee discount, I can get the 32" UltraSharp 4K Infinity Edge @ 25% off, but need to do that very fast as Dell Services was just bought by NTT Data - so all of my discounts will be gone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2016 at 9:41 AM, T3X4S said:

I just did a build in December.  So its not time yet.

But I am looking to get something better for a monitor.
I am going to be working from home more, and have (1) Asus PB278 - its a nice 27" IPS 2560x1440 @ 72Hz-

I thought about getting another, but that takes up a lot of desk real estate.  So I think it will be a 32" 4K.

With my Dell employee discount, I can get the 32" UltraSharp 4K Infinity Edge @ 25% off, but need to do that very fast as Dell Services was just bought by NTT Data - so all of my discounts will be gone.

Didnt realise you were a dell emp m8. 

1 hour ago, Mando said:

Didnt realise you were a dell emp m8. 

Yes sir, for about 7 months now. 

but my perks will go away - which sucks because I do take advantage of them.  I am always getting friends and family discounts on stuff - so I am telling them to get it now or lose the discount.

1 hour ago, LostCat said:

They offer employee discounts to a lot of other corps as well, at least they used to.

Yes, we get all kinds of discounts on stuff.  From local restaurants to airfare, rental cars, even car purchasing assistance ($5000 off sticker on a new BMW) to clothes, all kinds of stuff - its pretty nice.  What is great is when you combine with other promotions.

18 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Yes sir, for about 7 months now. 

but my perks will go away - which sucks because I do take advantage of them.  I am always getting friends and family discounts on stuff - so I am telling them to get it now or lose the discount.

Yes, we get all kinds of discounts on stuff.  From local restaurants to airfare, rental cars, even car purchasing assistance ($5000 off sticker on a new BMW) to clothes, all kinds of stuff - its pretty nice.  What is great is when you combine with other promotions.

pretty decent mate, I throw literally hundreds of thousands of orders to Dell, optiplexes and Latitudes mostley, and poweredges ofc :) my PE support team are in Glasgow, result! :) aint paid for shipping ever! but but Sales mgr Lenovo/HP are offering it with free shipping......never fails :woot:

6 minutes ago, Mando said:

pretty decent mate, I throw literally hundreds of thousands of orders to Dell, optiplexes and Latitudes mostley, and poweredges ofc :) my PE support team are in Glasgow, result! :) aint paid for shipping ever! but but Sales mgr Lenovo/HP are offering it with free shipping......never fails :woot:

I am a Systems Engineer.  I deal with some of our larger data warehouse customers (Coca Cola, Hilton, Main Street USA, Core Logic, and Moody's)

Server Provisioning, decomms, and deployment.  I liked working for Dell, but I am hearing good things about NTT Data as well - so I will see where this road takes me ! :)

• Like 2