Got Mac is this a good deal?

I just bought my first mac and this will be my first time using Apple. Want to know if this is a good deal. It is an older system but I do not play games. It is a mac mini mid 2011 2.3 GHZ 2nd Gen intel Core i5 HD 3000 graphics  with 8 gigs of ram and 240 gig SSD ( solid state drive )

Also another question on the side.  

Why do the new mac minis here in 2016 only have 1.4 ghz ( turbo boos to 2.7 ghz)  Since both intel processors wouldn 1.4 ghz be alot slower??? sure it can go to 2.7 GHZ on the new entry level model but only 400 MHZ faster and it has been 5 years since 2011.

There must be something I am missing? Thanks 

I cant wait to get my mac mini in the mail and I am sure I will have more questions to post. I am excited! 

How much do you paid for it? I was before thinking to get a Mac Mini but them I thought very deep and got a 2009 MacPro for almost same price range. I think I paid $469. The MacPro came in excellent condition, some scratches but not bad at all. The beautiful think about a MacPro is like a regular desktop computer... you can expand the graphics, memory, audio, HDD, you name it. In a MacMini, I think the only thing you can change is the memory and maybe the HDD.

On 06/10/2016 at 1:01 AM, nukenorman said:

Why do the new mac minis

Stop right there.  Apple have all but killed off the Mac mini, so any queries about why they are underpowered should be answered with "Apple can't be bothered with that unit".

1 minute ago, allan.nyholm said:

Quite reasonable price.

Agreed. It's in no way a deal, but it's reasonable.

On 10/5/2016 at 5:01 PM, nukenorman said:

I just bought my first mac and this will be my first time using Apple. Want to know if this is a good deal. It is an older system but I do not play games. It is a mac mini mid 2011 2.3 GHZ 2nd Gen intel Core i5 HD 3000 graphics  with 8 gigs of ram and 240 gig SSD ( solid state drive )

Also another question on the side.  

Why do the new mac minis here in 2016 only have 1.4 ghz ( turbo boos to 2.7 ghz)  Since both intel processors wouldn 1.4 ghz be alot slower??? sure it can go to 2.7 GHZ on the new entry level model but only 400 MHZ faster and it has been 5 years since 2011.

There must be something I am missing? Thanks 

I cant wait to get my mac mini in the mail and I am sure I will have more questions to post. I am excited! 

clock speed is but part of the equation. That said, the newer model (which is getting long in the tooth itself) i7s are slower and less capable than the 2012 model i7s, not because of clock speed, but because they dropped the ability to get quad core CPUs, and soldered in the ram.