Linux Keyboard

Currently, I have a Tt eSPORTS KB-PZR-KBBRUS-01 POSEIDON Z RGB Gaming Keyboard - Brown Switch Edition.

And I love it, man. The keys are so different. The different default color choices. Backlight is awesome.

BUT, the problem is, the software, using Wine, doesn't detect the keyboard. And I can't find any 3rd party software for it. So I cant set all the 16 million custom colors.

IS there a keyboard out there that supports Linux? That I can control the colors? I've looked high and low on Google, but all the answers are old. Or talking about "is it supported" as in, do the keys work...

If the keys can just be set to one color, brown, red, blue, white, that'd be more worth it.

Thoughts?

Well, the short answer is going to be 'not right now'. :( This is going to be a guess, but specialized hardware items like those are going to do things through USB that WINE isn't capable of just yet. That's why things like MagicJacks and stuff won't work. USB anything hasn't been a big priority ...

So no, sadly. Not out of the box. The controller software doesn't have access through WINE USB Stack.

But, that's one boss keyboard! Wow. :yes: 

Yeah, I figured it isn't a thing right now, just wanted to know what else is out there, if anything. ;)

I see Code keyboards support Linux, but they are a bit too pricey for me...

• Like 1

Holy Moley... I saw this on Woot.com: Corsair Gaming K95 CH-9000081-NA Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Red

Was a Woot-off. It goes until they sell out. I snagged one. After I bought it, I saw it was $200 at Newegg, $150 at Amazon. I snagged this for $89.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816032

It has white backlit color, something i do like. :)

I just couldn't pass this shet up... I mean, WOW...

Either sell my Tt, or just use it for something else... 2 great keyboards, both under $100...

(I'm liking my Tt, btw :) )

9 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Holy Moley... I saw this on Woot.com: Corsair Gaming K95 CH-9000081-NA Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX Red

Was a Woot-off. It goes until they sell out. I snagged one. After I bought it, I saw it was $200 at Newegg, $150 at Amazon. I snagged this for $89.99

Either sell my Tt, or just use it for something else... 2 great keyboards, both under $100...

Yes, I bought my G910 for $90 - was pretty happy.

I run into the same issue with my kb in Linux.
It just runs the default blue.
I am sure someone has rigged the Logitech sw to run in Linux but it takes more skills than I have.

21 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Yes, I bought my G910 for $90 - was pretty happy.

I run into the same issue with my kb in Linux.
It just runs the default blue.
I am sure someone has rigged the Logitech sw to run in Linux but it takes more skills than I have.

Yeah, I read of ways to do that, too. Download this, this, and this, configure this, that, this, that. Just... stop... I think the gaming keys on there are programmable by the keyboard shortcuts setup. Don't quote me on that, though.

You just hit on the most frustrating thing of linux forums.

When you have a question on how to do something - they always start with  " all you have to do is just .."  the its followed by 1/2 page of CLI hieroglyphs

My response is .. "oh ? is that all ?  And you people cant figure out why you have 1% acceptance ?"

Then I go back to windows for about 6 months and try again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T3X4S said:

When you have a question on how to do something - they always start with  " all you have to do is just .."  the its followed by 1/2 page of CLI hieroglyphs

My response is .. "oh ? is that all ?  And you people cant figure out why you have 1% acceptance ?"

Yeah. Ubuntu help is slightly easier, but something about Arch... :/

10 hours ago, T3X4S said:

legit tried to help. Nothing available. Frustrating indeed ... which is why I've been actively telling people to run Ubuntus/Fedoras/etc in a Hypervised instance on Windows for a while now. Do your general-use stuff in that, then Gaming/other stuff on the Windows side to mitigate the Security problems.

No need to throw lettuce and tomatoes, big T. ;) 

5 hours ago, Unobscured Vision said:

legit tried to help. Nothing available. Frustrating indeed ... which is why I've been actively telling people to run Ubuntus/Fedoras/etc in a Hypervised instance on Windows for a while now. Do your general-use stuff in that, then Gaming/other stuff on the Windows side to mitigate the Security problems.

No need to throw lettuce and tomatoes, big T. ;) 

NO NO NO - not you - 

It was on another site - the ubuntu help site, not ubuntu support neowin threads

My bad - 

You have always been helpful and polite

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T3X4S said:

NO NO NO - not you - 

It was on another site - the ubuntu help site, not ubuntu support neowin threads

My bad - 

You have always been helpful and polite

More of a joke on my part, bud. ;) The whole throwing of lettuce and tomatoes quip. And it's not you manning the catapult ... it's like this every couple of years, when things should be better but aren't. No worries, you're fine.

21 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

You can get one directly from corsair for less than 100 USD. I have a Corsair with Brown keys not quiet, they are good keyboards, everything Corsair sells is top notch. You can change the color per key.

37 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You can get one directly from corsair for less than 100 USD. I have a Corsair with Brown keys not quiet, they are good keyboards, everything Corsair sells is top notch. You can change the color per key.

A K95 for $100? Sheah right.... The ones near $100 are the K70's

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

They all are good keyboards. Mine is a Corsair Strafe.

You think I didn't know that before ordering it? I knew that from the get-go... Reason I bought it.

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

You think I didn't know that before ordering it? I knew that from the get-go... Reason I bought it.

I know you know that, no need for paranoia:)