This board DOA?

I have a new system I received maybe a week ago. I fire it up, wouldn't stay on, just repetitive power on/off. I get no screen, also.

I took it out of the case, put it on piece of cardboard, board, psu, ram, only, take my spare PSU, hooked that up, same issue. I took one of the RAM sticks out, same, tried the other one, same. Tried with no RAM, wouldn't turn on after that... No matter what I did. I think it took it's last breath...

I'll work on getting that refunded and buy a new board... If you have any suggestions, please say so. Needs to be 1551 board. This board was $115: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128907

Edit: @Unobscured Vision

What about reseating the CPU, booting with a single RAM stick, then updating the UEFI? Make sure those power connectors are all seated properly. Can't tell ya how many times that has turned out to be an issue. ;)

It's usually something really, really dumb (and simple) that causes a new board to not cooperate. They're usually always good though.

If you're already RMA'ing it, I'd simply get a replacement board of the same make/model. That way you don't have to swap up anything else you got.

Reseating the CPU, i will do tomorrow. Spent too much time on this tonight...

3 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

then updating the UEFI?

I never got a screen working, so this is irrelevant for now...

I tried CPU reset this morning, wouldn't respond to anything :( It would just turn on and off...

Edited by Mindovermaster

OK, I tried a few other tricks, but its therefore dead. Sending an RMA into Newegg to get a replacement. *plays taps*

Hopefully a new one will be better...

47 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Bummer. I so dislike having to RMA stuff. That video card of yours, too. :no: 

I RMA'd a lot of motherboards, hdds, RAM, sound cards, keyboards, mice. It's a neverending battle. I might get a 1060 in the future. Maybe next year/spring.