What you think about my filming/editing?

I'm not a video/film person but am a graphic and web designer. I had worked on edit over 15 years ago for end tags for music videos to showcase who did encoding of the video. People would download the music video and watch it as they please. This was before youtube and when I was 18 years old. Now the company needed to make a video, to show how to apply our product on brick. They didn't want to spend $1000s to make it so I told them I could do it. Would like to know what you think about it and I believe I did a pretty good job for a first time making a short video of anything. I use my Lumia 950 (Don't use anymore) and edited on a Macbook Pro 15 (Mid 2012) and use Premiere Pro.

• Like 2

Video is good showing of the process.  I like it.

However, I fail to see what is the purpose of this white wash. To me it looks terrible. When you painted it white, I expected it to look nice, then with the wash it made it look unfinished, out of place and not attractive.

This is not a comment on your work though at the edit was good :)

The brush noises and spray bottle noise seem to distract from the video.  IMO, would be better to not have the background sound at all and just the music playing.

Otherwise, I like it  :)

Nice video presentation, very professional.  I do agree with some of the other comments regarding the effects sound over of brushing; it doesn't seem quite in sync with the video.  

Actually pretty good.  A few comments:

You have white text over white brickwork at one point.

The opening shot, the light is pouring in and ruining the shot.

Some of the shots "along" the fireplace when being painted are really quite nice.

Buy a tripod.  Too much wobble.  Don't need to spend over $40 for the type of tripod that will suit these needs.

Sometimes the lighting is a bit off - look at "grading" your footage to rectify.

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Video is good showing of the process.  I like it.

However, I fail to see what is the purpose of this white wash. To me it looks terrible. When you painted it white, I expected it to look nice, then with the wash it made it look unfinished, out of place and not attractive.

This is not a comment on your work though at the edit was good :)

In the UK that style would be called "shabby chic" by pretentious idiots who wear tweed, have beards and marry women at weddings with gingham bunting with a cake made of cheeses.

• Like 1

Yea the white text was somewhat I quick use and want us to look simple and should had but a little background to it.

Also  the brush stroke sound was not edited. That's all from my Lumia 950 mic. 

• Like 1