Solus os on a usb stick to install it

hi

i'm tring to create an usb stick with solus os to install it , but can't have the installation on my usb stick

i have tried Universal USB Installer and yumi , nothing

i was able to make an usb stick installer with elementary os but nothing

the point i 'm tring to install on a notebook without dvd reader

the only whay is the usb stick

thanks

Unetbootin or Rufus? I've found that it sometimes helps. Plop also, sometimes helps. Or, perhaps, your device is just not bootable? Ran into that quite a few times on my end. Solution: just keep trying each USB device you've got.

hi

i haven't tried them , yumi and Universal USB Installer

yes my laptop is bootable , i can boot and install elementary os or ubuntu

but the problem about solus os , is there is not in the list of supported linux distro

evein in the Unetbootin webpage there is no Solus distro supported

thanks

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

You can still burn any iso with Unetbootin...

but in the notebook there is no dvd/cd reader 

i need the usb stick 

but can't understand why they don't support solus , it's so worse like linux distro ,isn't it?

thanks 

did you read the Solus Instructions?

Linux

We recommend either using GNOME Multi-Writer, which is a graphical utility, or dd, a command-line based utility. Unetbootin will NOT work. Only tools listed on this page will be supported.

While installation via Multi-Writer is a straightforward process, we want to guide you through installation when using the utility dd, as this utility could potentially cause data loss if not used correctly.

1. Insert your USB drive in your computer and open your Terminal.

2. Type lsblk into your Terminal. It should output something along the lines of:

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT

sda 8:0 0 111.8G 0 disk

├─sda1 8:1 0 350M 0 part

├─sda2 8:2 0 39.7G 0 part

└─sda3 8:3 0 71.8G 0 part /

sdb 8:64 1 7.5G 0 disk

├─sdb1 8:65 1 712M 0 part

└─sdb2 8:66 1 17.2M 0 part

3. You will see one disk, in my case /dev/sdb, that is roughly the size of my USB Drive. Yours should be similar (difference being in size). Write this device down somewhere.

4. Locate the downloaded ISO. It will most likely be in your ~/Downloads folder. In the event that it is, type: cd ~/Downloads

If it is not in your Downloads folder, use cd to navigate to the correct directory.

5. Dangerous Step: This is where we overwrite the contents of your USB drive so please ensure you identified the CORRECT drive in lsblk above. My command would be below, however you may need to replacesdb with the drive we located above: sudo dd if=Solus-1.2.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=1M;sudo sync;sudo eject /dev/sdb

This will write the contents of the ISO to the thumb drive so you can boot it and also make sure the data is synchronized so you can eject the USB safely.

6. Reboot and select your USB Drive in your PC's boot menu (usually a function key like F10).

7. Follow the installation instructions via the Solus installer.

• Like 1