MoBo VGA issues

OK so I have an Asus P8B75M/CSM MoBo that I can't get the onboard VGA port to work. A few months back I had an nVidia GTX 970 card connected but I had to move and the PC has been stored since.

I finally started putting it back together when I realized the monitor would not display anything. I was getting the MoBo beep code (1 long, 3 short) that means no VGA is detected (according to Asus website). I had replaced the video card with an older one I had because the power supply I had (a temp replacement) didn't have the plugs to power the 970. I figured the older card may be faulty but I can't verify it because I have no way of powering the 970 card to see if it works or if the PCI-e slot is damaged. So I tried resetting the CMOS (used reset pins), I even removed the battery on the MoBo to switch it back to the onboard VGA but nothing, I still get the same beep code?

Could the VGA port or chip on the board be damaged? Could the PCI-e slot be damaged? Could both be damaged? Could the board itself be damaged? Or am I doing something wrong? 

Some sites have mentioned it could be the memory but the beep code is not the one for memory according to the Asus site and I already tried using each memory module individually on all slots. Hate to think both got damaged at the same time while stored.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by BoricuaCharles