Internet Recovery Mac Mini mid 2011 wont recognize wi-fi password

Sorry for all the posts lately but I am new to mac and playing around with it to learn it. I am decently tech savy with windows and a little bit of  Linux. I tried the internet recovery option on Mid 2011 Mac Mini to learn everything  but when it asks for wi-fi password it does not recognize it. It just shakes and acts like it rejects it with no message. I am able to connect to wi-fi on all my pcs and even on this mac mini mid 2011 when it is booted up in Mac OS Sierra. 

So does anyone know the odd reason why it wont accept the wifi password on internet  recovery?

I called the so called Apple Genius  people at my local store but they had no idea why. Even Apple could not figure it out... LOL

Which internet recovery are you using? The one built in as if you are using a totally plan hard drive or the recovery image that is already on there? I know with the first one there were certain protocols that did not work no matter what you tried. As apple created more OSes they addressed this later on.

I am using the one built into the Mac the one where I hold down the 3 keys specifically for internet recovery and not the other more simple recovery that uses image off HD. I have checked all my caps locks etc and used 2 keyboards. I have Mac OS Sierra installed but Internet recovery would put back on 10.7 I am told. 

Perhaps it does not accept this protocol like Gotenks98 said. Strange why it would not accept a wi fi protocol t hat works on everything else. 

This is the only answer I could think of. I knew I could count on NeoWin as people on here seem more smarter and helpful than Apple lol.

Since I cannot do internet recovery I will be researching on how to do USB backup install incase my HD does ever die.

3 hours ago, nukenorman said:

Strange why it would not accept a wi fi protocol t hat works on everything else. 

The recovery environment might just be outdated and the protocol you are using is newer. I have seen this before and it is annoying, Apple devices do not always play nice with various wifi settings/makes/etc.

Here is a great link regarding how to make a Sierra USB Install Disk

http://www.macworld.com/article/3092900/macs/how-to-create-a-bootable-macos-sierra-installer-drive.html