Motherboard Woes, New One?

Did you try the second ram slot? There are other LEDs on the board, you need to locate those in order to troubleshoot. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170I-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/ there is the manual, which is where I snipped that picture from. Is there a serial number sticker or any stickers on the board that state what BIOS shipped with it? You need 0225 for the 6400.

I tried both slots, with each RAM stick. There is no light on board except for the SupremeFX and power LED. I swear I'd see it.

GBM0CS127705

I appreciate your help, but I know the troubleshooting scheme. I did this already, go a little deeper.

Edit: wish I knew where my PCI boot sequence card was... It posts number and letter combos, tells you what part boot is at. Similar to the onboard thing that comes with higher boards.

Edited by Mindovermaster

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

Good luck then.

:huh: What? You just keep saying what I already did, nothing working...

11 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Edit: wish I knew where my PCI boot sequence card was... It posts number and letter combos, tells you what part boot is at. Similar to the onboard thing that comes with higher boards.

Why? You have lights built onto the motherboard, take a second or third look. At this point, you've come across as a know-it-all a few times and even replied in a manner that IMO is not right, for people trying to help you. I couldve easily just told you to RTFM, but you are stubborn it seems and although you might think you understand troubleshooting, even the best make mistakes and overlook the simplest of techniques. I wish you the best of luck and maybe your friend UV can help you out in this case. Good luck.

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

Why? You have lights built onto the motherboard, take a second or third look. At this point, you've come across as a know-it-all a few times and even replied in a manner that IMO is not right, for people trying to help you. I couldve easily just told you to RTFM, but you are stubborn it seems and although you might think you understand troubleshooting, even the best make mistakes and overlook the simplest of techniques. I wish you the best of luck and maybe your friend UV can help you out in this case. Good luck.

You bet I'm mad. I've been trying to get this working for the last 3 hours. NOTHING works. I see no other LEDs, unless those are bad, too...

OK, got it now.........

@Circaflex, I reset the CPU, then all worked....... I did that about 5 times now. Guess the CPU was touchy...

I see all LEDs showing up. Memory, then DRAM, then PCI/VGA, then Boot.

I now see a POST. nothing connected yet, but, the fact I see it the first time...

*hits head on desk and passes out*

Edit: Oh, btw, asbout that PCI thing. I was just thinking about it. Like, where is that? :/

Edited by Mindovermaster

Edit 2: I think I found the culprit. The memory controller on the CPU is bad. The reason why I could never use Dual Channel or a stick near the CPU. Same thing happening with this new board. So the CPU is bad, not the board.

Now that I know this, I'm gonna get a refund on the ASUS board. From Newegg. Knowing Gigabyte isn't to blame. I always did like the Gigabyte better. ASUS does have interesting technology, but I don't think I really need it.