Bad 3D Power in VmWare Workstation 12 Player

Hi,

i want to play some older games on a vm ware (vmplayer 12 workstation). i install windows xp on it and change the hardware settings (4 cpu cores, 4gb ram and activate 3d grpahics with 1gb graphics ram). i also install vm ware tools. 

after starting the game "black and white" it runs so badly, even on the lowest settings. on youtube i saw some guys who played games without any problem on vm ware player...

Have yout some ideas to solve it?

thanks a lot. 

best regards

omron12

10 minutes ago, omron12 said:

Hi,

i want to play some older games on a vm ware (vmplayer 12 workstation). i install windows xp on it and change the hardware settings (4 cpu cores, 4gb ram and activate 3d grpahics with 1gb graphics ram). i also install vm ware tools. 

after starting the game "black and white" it runs so badly, even on the lowest settings. on youtube i saw some guys who played games without any problem on vm ware player...

Have yout some ideas to solve it?

thanks a lot. 

best regards

omron12

2 minutes ago, BudMan said:

And what game are you trying to play exactly?

Hi,

Thanks for help. I played black and white with all patches, version 1.3

My pc specs:

AMD A10 7870K at 4,5 GHz

16GB DDR3 Ram at 2133 Mhz

512 GB SSD 

AMD R9 280X Graphics Card (4GB GDDR5)

I try some other settings (only 2 cpu cores, other craphic settings for example) but without any response. 

Best regards 

PS: i also install net framework 4.0 and direct x 9

heheehhe  I read that as he was starting the game in black and white, not play that game... Yeah that is an OLD school game... I have a copy laying around - lets see if I can fire it up..

You're welcome. It's really odd as to why this happened. The best thing to do is keep posting about it on the VMware forums I guess.

On 11/16/2016 at 11:35 AM, BudMan said:

heheehhe  I read that as he was starting the game in black and white, not play that game... Yeah that is an OLD school game... I have a copy laying around - lets see if I can fire it up..

such a good game :) 

I wonder if there are any workarounds for this? I haven't seen any out in the wild but it seems strange to me that VMware themselves haven't even sorted this issue, it seems to affect anything 3D even just the GUI.