Orion or Darkside?

Forum Colour Theme  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Orion or Darkside?

• Orion
    • Darkside

Although it goes against everything in me (I joke), I use Darkside, because it's just easier on my eyes. I haven't JOINED the dark side, however. ;)

• 1 month later...

Took me a minute to realize what was being asked. Themes (light and dark) for the front page. Darkside of course.

Edited by dragontology

8 minutes ago, dragontology said:

Took me a minute to realize what was being asked. Themes (light and dark) for the front page. Shame they don't do it for the forum. Used to be, if a forum was big enough (and Neowin certainly should be), you could get themes for it with a browser extension. Helped if you knew some CSS, but not necessary. I don't, but I didn't like a color, so I used a color picker on a screenshot, searched for the hex code, and changed it to what I wanted (orange to green... harlequin green master race, of course). I seem to remember that working. Though I don't quite recall what forum.

You can change the theme for the forums - click on the down arrow next to your user name on the top right hand corner of this page.

• Like 1

Yeah, I just saw in another poll topic, and edited my reply just in time. They didn't used to let you change the forum, only the front page, at least, as far as I knew. So glad to see I can darken the forum as well. Much easier on the eyes.

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

Orion. White text on dark backgrounds gives me a headache.

Can someone please explain how one would get a headache from having white text on a dark background?

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Can someone please explain how one would get a headache from having white text on a dark background?

It's how my brain is wired. I find black text on a light background much easier to read.