Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2016

For the month of December, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of December. Outlast ($19.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from December 16th to January 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, December 1st, Outland ($9.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through December 15th. Then on December 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Burnout Paradise ($14.99 ERP) for free through December 31st.

Read more about December Games with Gold titles over at Xbox Wire.

See last’s month’s Games With Gold here.

*Titles are available as free downloads for qualifying Xbox Live Gold members in all markets where Xbox Live is available. Some regions may offer different titles depending on market availability.

https://majornelson.com/2016/11/22/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-december-2016/

-----

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games

-----

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: November 2016

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JenZen said:

Just to butt in about xbox topic, my daughter wanted me to buy xbox360 for Christmas. Is it worth the money or just stick to psp4?

What type of games does she like? Does she have any favourite franchises? Does she have any friends with VG consoles? If so which? Do her friends play online?

4 hours ago, JenZen said:

Just to butt in about xbox topic, my daughter wanted me to buy xbox360 for Christmas. Is it worth the money or just stick to psp4?

Is she younger than 15? Than yes, the 360 has a massive collection of cheap kid  games. The xbox one/ps4? Not so much.

Shadowrun Added to Backward Compatibility on Xbox One

Written Thursday, December 08, 2016 By Richard Walker

Yet another batch of Xbox 360 games have gone backward compatible for Xbox One today, including multiplayer shooter Shadowrun and a couple of rather obscure titles.

One of these us Shotest Shogi, which looks like some sort of Mahjong nonsense. I say that, because I don't know how to play it. I'm sure Mahjong is actually brilliant.

The other is Xbox Live Avatar game, Space Ark, which looks colourful and charming. You can access all three of the latest backward compatible Xbox 360 games via the Xbox Games Store links below.

Shadowrun - $14.99/£11.99

Shotest Shogi - $9.99/£6.75

Space Ark - $9.99/£6.75

Continues...

On 12/2/2016 at 8:03 AM, Vandalsquad said:

Is she younger than 15? Than yes, the 360 has a massive collection of cheap kid  games. The xbox one/ps4? Not so much.

She can play X360 games on Xbox One.  No problem. 

Even the parents can buy X360 games on Xbox One or Xbox.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit slack posting here, but I should have a bit more free time for the few that use this topic :p

This week's Deals with Gold games and add-ons on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 26th December. 

Source

Also another "biggest one yet" sale starting on the Xbox marketplace on the 22nd Dec to the 9th Jan. Source

They're also letting you buy 1 month of Gold for $1 for those that are Silver member, allowing you to take advantage of the deals. 

Here's the video which should give you an idea of what will be on sale. 

They're offering me Gold for nothing. I've held Gold before, but I don't feel I need it as my wife has Gold, and we don't play Multiplayer games. We really only got it because we thought Rockband 4 had multiplayer. (It does, now, with the Rivals DLC, but it's asynchronous and does not require Gold.) I think we're getting our money's worth with the Games With Gold program. The titles are often lackluster, but they add up. We have the 2TB XB1S, so we're not hurting for space. I bought Fallout 4 with all the DLC, digitally, so we don't even change discs. And we had a friend sign in, and inadvertently declare ours his home Xbox, so we got all his Arcade games, and he's fine with that until he gets his own XB1... which could take him a while as he's between jobs. He's just happy to have access to those games on our XB1S, so it works out for all. Add in the GWG games and it's quite the console.

Traditionally I'm more of a PlayStation gamer when it comes to consoles (mostly PC) but I skipped and only just got the PS3, and it's a let down after the PS1 and 2. I'm glad I got it (used, from a friend) because Sony has a ton of great exclusives I don't want to miss (Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.) but XB1/S is killing it this generation. I really didn't like the 360 either, but it wasn't bad most of the time.

The countdown deals are pretty nice,  I grabbed the new deus ex yesterday,  since I have the first one on the 360 I decided to keep that series on the Xbox.  

The new dishonored game has a good price to but I played the first on my PC so that to will be for the PC.   I need to take a month at least to play through my growing backlog. 

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic