White sections appear a shade of pink. Even as the PC starts up?

Not sure which forum would be best for this.

Lately i've noticed sections of the monitor appearing pink, or at least a pinkish shade. Even as i turn the PC on, the writing that goes up the screen, at the bottom it's a little pink-ish with the top to mid screen being white.

As Windows 7 starts up the bottom parts that should be white are a little pink-ish but in time i don't know if it's my eyes adjusting or whether the screen changes but it appears to become white as it should be.

Any ideas? It never used to happen.

We have progression on this one now...

Just played an online game & during it the screen started flickering slightly.

Closed the game down & the screen is still flickering on & off.

It's an LG Flatron M227WDP. It's about 6 years old now.

1 hour ago, Technique said:

We have progression on this one now...

Just played an online game & during it the screen started flickering slightly.

Closed the game down & the screen is still flickering on & off.

It's an LG Flatron M227WDP. It's about 6 years old now.

I have a Flatron E2341 LED back-lit if yours is not LED maybe one of the back lights is going bad or maybe your Video Driver. When I upgrade my Nvidia driver I always have to go into device manager and change the monitor from default to the E2341, maybe you should check this as well.

37 minutes ago, Technique said:

Hmm, under monitor mine says "Generic PnP Monitor". I'm sure it used to list the actual monitor.

Change it to what it should be, you got a disk with the monitor that has the proper driver.

Well i hadn't changed any settings but it seems we've maybe gotten the answer.

I was doing my banking online & the screen started flickering quite badly & then all of a sudden the screen went black & wouldn't do anything. I forgot to also mention that some times when i had logged on it wouldn't bring up my desktop - the screen would be black, although ctrl+alt+del would bring up the option for task manager, but i couldn't access the actual desktop without restarting.

Anyway so i had to restart the PC & then sure enough i got a display again. It lasted a minute or so before it went black again.

So i'd guess that the monitor is broken.

You may know already but that is a TV/monitor combo. We have another (an LG Flatron M2262D) in the bedroom which i've taken & so far, 5 minutes in, it's not flickered at all.

So for now i'm going to be in the market for a monitor.

You may want to check your video cable, replace it first.

Check your video card, reseat it too.

Walmart, Best Buy have some good deals on inexpensive TV/Monitors. :yes:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-32-class-31-5-diag--led-720p-hdtv-black/5581126.p?skuId=5581126

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-hd-monitor-black/3112028.p?skuId=3112028

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-E2416Hm/54445639

Hello,

The LG Flatron M227WDP-PZ is an old enough model that it appears to use a CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent lamp) assembly for lighting the back of the TFT-LCD display.  However, they do not last forever, and like regular fluorescent lights will fail.  Some of the common failure modes are a reddish/pinkish tint and rapid flickering.  Given the age of the unit, LG will probably not repair the unit for free, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Any electronics/TV repair shop should be able to repair it for you, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky