Our New House is On Its Way

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Awesome! Congrats big time! :)  Are you going to sell your old place or what is the plan with it?

We traded it in toward the purchase of this one, so as soon as we have all of our stuff out of it and the porch separated from it, they're going to come get it and re-sell it.

I'm going to try and get the video clips edited together tonight.  The SD card in my Sony camera was not hurt when it got dropped in the creek.

Also, I learned something.  The only fiber optic cables I've ever fooled with are the small ones for connecting server blades to storage arrays, so I was under the impression it was sensitive stuff.  Apparently not.  When they hooked up my internet they ran a huge fiber optic cable for several hundred feet to the closest service pole, yanked on it, tied and clamped it to another wire to hold it in place and everything.  I asked the guys about how tough it was and they said, "That tree could fall across that wire and it would still be just fine."

And just fine it is.  Even up here in the head of a holler outside the city limits, running the test over my wifi, the plan I pay them for (50/25) works just dandy, :-)

foothills-speedtest-28jan2017.png

The 10th and final video in this series is currently uploading.  Once it is done uploading and YouTube is done processing it, you can watch it here: