Unofficial Windows 98 SE Service Pack

@ Gape - When is the official rel3ase date? :D

@ bucko - True, thats what I did, a fresh installation, then ran the Unofficial Windows 98SE.

For unattended install: sesp1.exe /q

To add IE6, DirectX 9 and WMP9 is not a good idea IMHO. They are very big in size. Some users have IE-less (98lite) Windows. Some users want to use IE 5.5 SP2 or Firefox. Some users don't like WMP9.

To add IE6, DirectX 9 and WMP9 is not a good idea IMHO. They are very big in size. Some users have IE-less (98lite) Windows. Some users want to use IE 5.5 SP2 or Firefox. Some users don't like WMP9.

so those users can go bite them self :laugh:

Add them, it will be better. Good job btw :woot: :yes:

im running 98se on my normal pc and xp on my test pc. 98 runs fine, untill the memory gets short :blink: then look out :o

i'd like to see MP9 in there :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be great to have a copy of this with DX9, WMP, and IE6 for quick install on the dozens of Windows reloads I do every month at my shop. Doing two different versions would be a good idea. I already created a cd with 98SE, this, DX9, WMP, and IE6, and I think it would be great to just be able to install them all in a couple clicks.

Can someone give me link to the ME defrag? Thanks :)

You'll have to extract it from an ME CD. It's copyrighted material so it can't be distributed on the net.

IE, DirectX and MediaPlayer is only recommendation, they are not required to apply this pack. According to counter, ~2000 people have downloaded the pack. I have not got any negative feedback. Final pack will be ready soon.

Negative feedback time. It hosed my system. After uninstalling, I get missing aspienum.vxd and vhaltd.vxd errors. Can't do anything but abort, which shuts computer down instantly. I have fixed the aspienum problem, but can't find squat about the vhaltd.vxd problem. Plus this thing changed alot of text to some foreign language I can't make heads or tails out of. Any idea on fixing the missing vhaltd problem?

Well, had to give up on just simply fixing that last problem. It wound up causing me to lose my cable connection totally. Could not reinstall networking. Went the sure route and re-installed windows. WILL NOT be using this!!

Hi cork1958,

I really wonder that where did you find version 1.3? It is still a beta. I didn't release it as public. (I know, your version is 1.3, because aspienum.vxd is only in 1.3)

Heya! Will you be able to include IE 6 SP2 on the 98 SE SP 1.3? Pretty please? I have 98 SE, and I'd LOVE to have the IE 6 SP2 with the famous pop-up blocker.

Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!