Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas

I wouldn't normally post about something like this, but this game is over 17 years old!

Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas

Welcome to Age of Empires II HD: The Rise of the Rajas; the third new official expansion for the Age of Empires II universe in over 17 years. Challenge friends with four additional civilizations, new units, technologies, and build your empire on both water and land. Guide history’s greatest heroes in Southeast Asia through four additional campaigns and conquer your foes with mighty hordes of elephants under your command!

L2HfROk.png

QT0OVGT.png

Link to Steam Store

A 17 year old game getting an expansion. Granted, the HD remake breathed some new life in to it, but this is a testament to how such an incredible game has lasted the test of time. I might have a game or two tonight, although I'm not sure if I can justify getting this expansion pack right now.

EDIT: Fixed broken images.

• Like 2

One of the most amazing games series of all time...I played this to death back in the day.  It seems I have found a use for some Xmas money lol

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Daniel F. said:

One of the most amazing games series of all time...I played this to death back in the day.  It seems I have found a use for some Xmas money lol

Do report back on how AI has improved  (according to their changelogs anyway... ), ive looked online, nothing specific in reviews really other than 14 yearold fanboyism on "ZOOMMGO!!!11oneZ0rs AOE is back, imma pwz0rs your  sockzoors soo bad like I did back in the day". Can't really blame them, id do the same :laugh: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

And a testament that microsoft /whoever owns the IP, needs to rebuild from scratch with updated graphics but mostly modern AI...

The great thing is how it supports the Steam Workshop.

I haven't tried either of them, and there are plenty of other things to check out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

The great thing is how it supports the Steam Workshop.

I haven't tried either of them, and there are plenty of other things to check out.

dislike steam, but Ill check it out after work!

• Like 1