Winxp Startup error

This starts to **** me of..!! ;) When i boot my computer and login as myself, eveything (aparently) works fine.. But the problem is when im trying to connect to the internett or axess the files on the harddrive. Win just stops to do anything for like 1 minute and i must sit there and wait. hmm. The hub just ligths up couple of times and it comes noise from the hard.drive ;) I would like to get a solution to what is wrong...!! :D :D :p

And by the way.. this starts to scare me..; the other day i shuted down the mobo as usual. and suddenly it came up this "end program" thing.. the program (or service) was called "Should Not See Me" And that.. is scary! What if someone from microsoft sits and logs everything u do =) then they will know what too doo and everything..

Is it me or does the diskett drive work slower whit xp.?

Ezbond

-----------------------

-As Far as Reality Goes!

Originally posted by Ezbond  

And by the way.. this starts to scare me..; the other day i shuted down the mobo as usual. and suddenly it came up this "end program" thing.. the program (or service) was called "Should Not See Me" And that.. is scary! What if someone from microsoft sits and logs everything u do =) then they will know what too doo and everything..

Sounds like a virus...

hmm

like, i have the soulution to that problem now, hehe.. win2k has the same thing.. ;)

and it aint a virus ;)

Ezbond..

Addisonal Info on the first problem:

When i installed xp, i fdisked the disk to one big disk..

Did not format

when i installed i got the choises

convert to ntfs (quick)

and format to ntfs..

i chose the quick way . and.. maby thats the problem?

Ezbond

Sound like your harddrive is doing a little extra work because of all the cluster. When XP do a quick format, it just erase the data. Your best bet is to do a full NTFS format of your drive then install and defragment your HD.

Now i have reinstalled winxp, defragmented and even removed some cards from the computer..

Still the same error.. I hate it!!

I got a dell computer, does that make any difference

Computer Stats

Dell Dimension 8100

Intel Pentium 4

1.4ghz

256 rd-ram

40 gig 7200rpm western digital disk

nVIDIA g-force 2 ultra card

a SMC networking card (and a 3com)

Nec 16x dvd

sony 12x 8x 32x

ANd now im getting tired of it hanging all the time.. give me suggestions ppl

Also i have tryed installing Norton Utilities 2002, doing some speed disk and things like that ;) Neither worked.. ;)

:china: Ezbond :china:

Ezbond, you ain't the only one who has this problem......i've been getting the EXACT same problem since i installed 2K a while back and now with WinXP(doesn't happen on the earlier OS...winME and win98).....I thought it was my chaintech 6ATA4 VIA chipset motherboard having problems in the latter microsoft Operating systems(you don't happen to have the same or similar motherboard do you?).......This bug? is driving me crazy...you boot up winXP normally, the desktop pops up and then the things loading in the start panel(powerstrip etc)just seem to get stuck for about a minute while the HD quietly seems to be loading something....if i click on anything like control panel, i have to wait for whatever it is loading in the background to finish up, and then automatically the contol panel that was frozen starts up....you also see the rest of my start panel stuff(firewall etc)start to load.....It all works fine from there on in, i get no crashes, but the pause at the start is frustrating to say the least........it always does it in 2K and XP even if i have all the programs like powerstrip, firewalls etc disabled......it's something to do with files in winXP on bootup and maybe a clash with my motherboard?(i dunno)......i have the latest bios upgrade for my motherboard too and in 2K i had the latest 4-1 drivers installed......i have no idea how to solve this problem, but i'm hoping someone out there does cos it's getting real annoying!

Hi :) tnx for reply

I dont got the same mainboard.. hehe.. got one dell has made

But anyhow, now dell is going to release the exact same computer whit winmx. This is what drives me crazy..

I had win2k for a while, but since it did not support one of my networking adapters i just got back to win98..

So, something must have been changed..

and **** i really hate it.. Mabye ill just format and install windowns98 ;-P

Cant someone tell me how to say this to microsoft so they can make a fix for it..?

Ezbond

Oh, I hope i get a sollution to this problem

Hi there,

I am getting a very similar problem, whenever I boot up my pc I have to wait about 3 minutes for all the icons besides the clock to appear. It does get frustrating doesn't it.

I wonder if TweakXP can edit the startup routine...hmmm

Ezbond I have the exact same Dell 8100 system as yours including the GEForce 2 Ultra 64. I am running WinXP RC2 and it is as stable as a rock. The problems have to be elseware.

It is possible that your version is corrupt, I mean as far as I know if you use Nero or another popular CD-Burning software, some of the files are intentially not recorded, thus resulting in a systems failure of some sort.:s

Well, i sussed out my problem.....amazingly, it was AOL software that was doing it......i done a clean install of winXP again before i installed AOL and it was working fine.....installed AOL and it started doing it again...i then uninstalled AOL and it's working perfect again...no pause at all......so there ya go :p