K7T266 Pro2-RU

This mobo is great i bought it for my athlon xp 1900+ chip but it handles well and the msi fuzzy logic software thats comes with it makes overclockin alot easier. I havent used raid yet cuz i dont have 2 hd but it itll be useful later on same goes for the usb 2.0:lick:

"This mobo is great i bought it for my athlon xp 1900+ chip but it handles well and the msi fuzzy logic software thats comes with it makes overclockin alot easier. I havent used raid yet cuz i dont have 2 hd but it itll be useful later on same goes for the usb 2.0"

I read this mb has a lot of keyboard error problems with the athlon xp. Have you had any problems at all? The reason I ask is I need to buy a new computer (probably) today. Mine (K6-2 450) bit the dust last night and I can't be without one because I work from home. I'm writing this from my wife's computer.

My plan is to buy a good (local mom & pop will build) xp 1900+ based system. I'm also going to try and salvage the old puter because I need my data back. I'll stick it in the back room and use it as a file server if I can. I'll buy a decent mb and cpu (haven't decided what) and see if it can be revived. Don't want to spend much on this one.

My problem is deciding on the mb for the new computer. Cost isn't my biggest concern. It has to work well with the Athlon xp 1900+ and be stable. I'm not a gamer so I don't care about overclocking. Also need to decide on graphics card. Good but not top of the line. Can't justify the cost on features I don't use. Speed and reliability is all I need.